Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking at my X758 this past week and noticed the plastic electrical wire loom was laying on the muffler. I noticed that the plastic was a little deformed where it touched the muffler, but had not melted. This got me thinking that it can't be good for the wires to be exposed to this much heat over time. Found a cheap heat shield on amazon to put around it for $13. Had some left over, so I doubled it up. Hopefully this will help protect the wires from the heat.

·
Registered
2021 X738
53 Posts
Nice easy solution. Thanks for sharing!!

Reactions: wh5208speed

·
Premium Member
9,213 Posts
Not good engineering on JD part. It looks like you found a solution.

Reactions: wildbranch2007

·
Registered
312 Posts
I don't have an x758 to look at but is it possible the harness is not in Deere's intended location?

Doesn't feel like that is something Deere product development/engineering would have overlooked.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Here is my 2020 X758....
Harness is firmly tied where it is...factory location.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting
..though did have to bend back the temp sender wire.

There is no melting of the wiring. Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have an x758 to look at but is it possible the harness is not in Deere's intended location?

Doesn't feel like that is something Deere product development/engineering would have overlooked.
The dealer replaced the fuel pump. Makes me wonder if they didn't put it back exactly they way it was from the factory.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts