Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ordered the 72 inch heavy duty bucket and now 2nd guessing my desision on the width. Do they make a heavy duty one 50 9nch or close. Or should I just keep the 72 inch.

·
Super Moderator
8,188 Posts
I've got the 61" HD bucket on my 3320. It has reinforced top, side and cutting edge construction. Best choice for a 3 series if you're going to be doing any ground engaging dirt work. 72" bucket will bog you down and challenge traction under those conditions.

A larger bucket is helpful if you're handling light materials like sand, sandy soil or mulch.

IMHO a 61" HD bucket with a tooth bar is the way to go on the 3-Series.

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
I have the 72 inch extra heavy duty skid steer bucket on my 4066R and would not want anything bigger.

Dave

·
Registered
438 Posts
Don't beat yourself up over it, a man can have two buckets to cover different tasks. I've had a 61 HD bucket that when heaping full of wet crusher run limestone will make my 300cx on a 3520 squat and snort to lift it but prefer the 73" bucket for landscaping, snow removal leveling and moving bulky materials.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have ordered the 72 inch heavy duty bucket and now 2nd guessing my desision on the width. Do they make a heavy duty one 50 9nch or close. Or should I just keep the 72 inch.
I have the 72" as you call it, but it's actually 73". I had the option of the 61" and it was a tough decision. I hadn't planned on doing a lot of ground engagement but you never know. If and when I do, I guess I'll take smaller bites if I need to. I will say lawn tools fit better in the 73" bucket better.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Hiya,

I have both, a 61 with a Deere tooth bar and a 72 with the replaceable cutting edge. The 61 is for heavy material, any ground work or if I'm working on a slope. The 72 is better for leveling and lighter materials. The 300CX/h165 can handle the 72 alright but it's wide for the chassis width and as such has a lot of leverage over it if your on a sloped area and it's really easy to pick up a rear wheel if your not careful.

A side note, the 300CX/H 165 loaders have enough capacity to get both rear wheels off the ground easily, even with a cab tractor, make sure you use a cement filled ballast box, filled tires and if you can, a couple wheel weights.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hiya,

I have both, a 61 with a Deere tooth bar and a 72 with the replaceable cutting edge. The 61 is for heavy material, any ground work or if I'm working on a slope. The 72 is better for leveling and lighter materials. The 300CX/h165 can handle the 72 alright but it's wide for the chassis width and as such has a lot of leverage over it if your on a sloped area and it's really easy to pick up a rear wheel if your not careful.

A side note, the 300CX/H 165 loaders have enough capacity to get both rear wheels off the ground easily, even with a cab tractor, make sure you use a cement filled ballast box, filled tires and if you can, a couple wheel weights.
A very valid point you have there about ballast which I failed to mention. With the 73" bucket, I added an extension to my concrete filled ballast box. I'm just guessing it's now around 1100 lbs but I'm still cautious of that added leverage the bucket gives it when on sloping ground. You need to keep your head in the game.:hornets:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the bucket today and it does not have the two welded handle looking things on the top. Wonder why

·
Administrator
18,465 Posts
Got the bucket today and it does not have the two welded handle looking things on the top. Wonder why
They have to be ordered with them, it’s an option.

·
Registered
234 Posts
A very valid point you have there about ballast which I failed to mention. With the 73" bucket, I added an extension to my concrete filled ballast box. I'm just guessing it's now around 1100 lbs but I'm still cautious of that added leverage the bucket gives it when on sloping ground. You need to keep your head in the game.:hornets:
I got the Category 2 ballast box for my 3039R and I am in the process of adapting it for Category 1 use. The Category 2 ballast box is twice the volume of the Category 1 box. I'll post some photos when I'm done. I will most likely fill it with sand or rock for ballast since concrete or cement will be too heavy for my 3039R because of the larger size of the box.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Below is a photo of the larger Category 2 Ballast box and also the weights info for that box. The Category 1 box is about half the size so you can figure about half the weight for each type of material. The ballast box in the photo is the one I have for my 3039R. I am modifying the lower lift connection points by using longer pins and bushings so it will work with a Category 1 iMatch setup.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ended up doing this. Followed some others with ideas. Any guess to what it weights? 77176855-4917-4032-B810-A16B929E78C8.jpg

And my dealer advised me the wrong bucket got delivered and he has reordered the heavyduty one with the two hoops on top for me.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
3E74DD96-25FC-46BF-AE05-8ACA6287A659.jpg finally got the correct bucket I ordered.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts