Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mutton Power Equipment is now carrying Heavy Hitch and is offering free shipping. But the hitch I'd like, the dual receiver with the Universal Suitcase Weight Option isn't carried by Mutton. Thought I could save a few $ and support two GTT venders at the same time.
I thought I'd use the top receiver for a tray or basket to hold stuff but don't want to give up the offset weight bracket. Should I spring for the extra $ for the top receiver from HH or go for the Super Duty Category 1 3-Pt Receiver Hitch with Weight Bracket through Mutton? How often does the top receiver get used by most of you?

·
Premium Member
10,147 Posts
Mutton Power Equipment is now carrying Heavy Hitch and is offering free shipping. But the hitch I'd like, the dual receiver with the Universal Suitcase Weight Option isn't carried by Mutton. Thought I could save a few $ and support two GTT venders at the same time.
I thought I'd use the top receiver for a tray or basket to hold stuff but don't want to give up the offset weight bracket. Should I spring for the extra $ for the top receiver from HH or go for the Super Duty Category 1 3-Pt Receiver Hitch with Weight Bracket through Mutton? How often does the top receiver get used by most of you?
I built my own version and I have both a lower horizontal hitch and an upper vertical hitch. I then built a basket for it. I love mine and use it quite a bit.

Here is the latest use.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I built my own version and I have both a lower horizontal hitch and an upper vertical hitch. I then built a basket for it. I love mine and use it quite a bit.

Here is the latest use.
Had no idea John Deere sold orange tractors:mocking:

Nice buck. I too use my tractor for hauling my kill to the top of the block.

·
Premium Member
10,147 Posts
Had no idea John Deere sold orange tractors:mocking:

Nice buck. I too use my tractor for hauling my kill to the top of the block.
It is not really an orange tractor.....

It is just wearing hunter orange.....

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts

haha safety first. (That your hunting blind too?):laugh:

Reactions: rtgt

·
Administrator
18,520 Posts
Try calling Shane at Muttons, they may be just drop shipping anyway from HH.

·
Super Moderator
5,293 Posts

Heh! Don't want to get your toys shot at? :lol:

Reactions: rtgt

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Try calling Shane at Muttons, they may be just drop shipping anyway from HH.
I called Muttons this morning although I didn't speak to Shane but someone else. That's how I found out they don't have the one I want. Maybe it's a new product for them and they don't have all HH's products yet.

·
Registered
23,298 Posts
Just a thought - you could use any hitch basket from Tractor Supply or Harbor Freight in the horizontal hitch.

·
Premium Member
10,147 Posts
Just a thought - you could use any hitch basket from Tractor Supply or Harbor Freight in the horizontal hitch.
One of the reasons I wanted the top hitch/basket was so I could put the chainsaw, loopers, etc in the basket and still tow the trailer while I am limbing trees.

·
Registered
23,298 Posts
One of the reasons I wanted the top hitch/basket was so I could put the chainsaw, loopers, etc in the basket and still tow the trailer while I am limbing trees.
Makes sense.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I called Muttons this morning although I didn't speak to Shane but someone else. That's how I found out they don't have the one I want. Maybe it's a new product for them and they don't have all HH's products yet.
I'm checking with Shane to what we can do for you. Mutton just signed up with us about a week ago and has been blowing them out the door pretty quick so I'm sure it could be added in with their next order. Anything to help out a GTT member:thumbup1gif:

·
584 Posts
I'm checking with Shane to what we can do for you. Mutton just signed up with us about a week ago and has been blowing them out the door pretty quick so I'm sure it could be added in with their next order. Anything to help out a GTT member:thumbup1gif:
Shane here with Muttons.

We are a full line Heavy Hitch dealer, but are working in the very infant stages. We have put the fast moving hitches online, and are working on pricing for the entire product line. We should have the entire line up and running by months end.

I can get you the requested hitch. Our price will be $349 Free Shipping per your request. Thank You.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks!

PM sent.

·
Premium Member
10,147 Posts
Ask and you shall receive!

GTT Vendors are awesome. :good2:

·
Registered
48 Posts
That's the one I have and it's great. Now I just need a stand to offload quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Heavy hitch

Why dont you just order want you want directly from Heavy hitch? they are in Fountain city WI. and you can order online.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts