Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to post this under the vendor forum but it seems Heavy Hitch for some reason is no longer a sponsor here which is a bit surprising.

Anyway, I am planning to order their dual weight bracket and get eight 42 lbs and eight 72 lbs suitcases. I am thinking of putting 42’s in the “front” (toward the tractor) and the 72’s in the “rear” (away from the tractor). Do any of you have a picture of two of this identical configuration that you could share here? I’d like to see how they look in this configuration before I order the suitcases. My thought is the 42’s would give me a bit more clearance to work around the rear of tractor when necessary.

Thanks

· Registered
2018 1025R, H120 FEL, 60D, Landpride BB1260
47 Posts
Shamrock, Happy to share with you my experience using the dual weight bracket which I think is the one you're considering.

As you'll see from the photos, I was only able to fit 14 weights on the configuration because of the lower arms angle inward such that you lose one slot on both sides. The unpainted 72lb weights are harder to see in the photo, but if you look closely, you can see the 72lb x 4 weights on the inner bracket. I placed the smaller 42lb weights on the outer bracket to allow better access to the type 2 hitch adapter, but you could have 72lb weights all the way across the outer bracket if desired.

In a nutshell, maximum weights that a person could fit would be 12 x 72lb weights (8 across outer, 4 innter) and 2 x 42lb weights beside the angled lower arms.

Hope this helps as you determine best config.

· Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for sharing those pictures! Wow, that doesn’t seem right. If they say you could hang up to 16 suitcases then there shouldn’t be issue like that, even with the smaller 42’s. Just curious, how old is your hitch bracket? Maybe they made some updates since then?

· Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm, the only thing I could think of right now is how your 1025R has a limited category 1 hitch but I believe the only difference from standard category 1 is the lift height.

Did you ever contact Heavy Hitch about this issue and if so, what was their response?

· Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just stumped across this thread ... it sounds like this issue lies with 1-series without the I-match hitch

Reactions: Gizmo2

· Registered
5,214 Posts
I get all 16 on mine

· Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I get all 16 on mine
On what tractor? And were they 42’s or 72’s on the inside? With or without the iMatch?

Edit: never mind, saw your signature line. Looks like you have 1025R but with iMatch.

· Registered
3,416 Posts
The Quick hitch is how to get clearance on the inside to hang all the weights. Plus The QH has weight itself, I think the Imatch is about 70lbs.

· Registered
47 Posts
Hmmm, the only thing I could think of right now is how your 1025R has a limited category 1 hitch but I believe the only difference from standard category 1 is the lift height.

Did you ever contact Heavy Hitch about this issue and if so, what was their response?
I didn't realize that there were any differences with 1025Rs as to cat 1 hitch types...I just got the hitch and put on the weights, figured it was the way it was designed.

I didn't contact them, but that's because the weight worked for me for now. Perhaps I'll send him a message to see what his take is on it. He's a good guy and a reputable company so it wasn't a reflection on them from my POV.

· Premium Member
339 Posts
Wish I could say it’s old, but less than 8 months ago.
The Dual Bracket will hold up to 16 weights, when just attaching to the 3 point only 6 weights will fit on the back as there is not enough clearance with the lower arms. If it is used with a iMatch quick hitch, that will set the hitch back about 2 inches and then 16 weights will fit. Sorry for the confusion.
Shannon

· Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Dual Bracket will hold up to 16 weights, when just attaching to the 3 point only 6 weights will fit on the back as there is not enough clearance with the lower arms. If it is used with a iMatch quick hitch, that will set the hitch back about 2 inches and then 16 weights will fit. Sorry for the confusion.
Shannon
Does this only apply to small frame compact tractors? What about the medium and large frame tractors like the 3 and 4 series? Will all 16 suitcases fit without an iMatch hitch on those larger tractors?

· Premium Member
431 Posts
Here’s my 3046R with iMatch and Heavy Hitch. As you can see I had to taper the inside weights. Large weights are 70, small are 42. Before buying my HH and weights I exchanged lots of emails with measurements and photos with HH owners to confirm what I could use.

Ken’s chain boxes and 2 20-ft chains add a little more weight — thanks Ken!

· Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Unfortunately, I am not able to fully answer that as the draft arm changes from model to model. The larger series tractors have less of an angle coming out to the draft arm over a length, it really depends on the model.
Could you please post a couple side photos of your dual bracket with one showing the 42 lbs mounted and then another showing the 72 lbs mounted? Then measure the vertical distance from the bottom of each suitcase to the horizontal centerline of lower 3 point pin? And also the horizontal distance from the “front” of each suitcase to the vertical centerline of lower 3 point pin? Thank you

· Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here’s my 3046R with iMatch and Heavy Hitch. As you can see I had to taper the inside weights. Large weights are 70, small are 42. Before buying my HH and weights I exchanged lots of emails with measurements and photos with HH owners to confirm what I could use.

Ken’s chain boxes and 2 20-ft chains add a little more weight — thanks Ken!
Wow, hard to believe that even with the iMatch you still are having clearance issue on a 3 series, or so it appeared you cannot have more than four 72’s on the inside.

I think Heavy Hitch really need to make some clarifications on their dual weight brackets. They said you can put up to 16 suitcases, the 42s and 72s but made no mention that iMatch would give you the best clearance nor did they mention that there likely would be clearance issue without the iMatch. I am not by any mean implying that they were being deceiving at all but rather that they probably should disclose more information on their potential clearance issues.

In fact, I just watched the TTWT video for Heavy Hitch factory tour and am impressed with their products. Terry and Shannon seems to be the type of folks I would like to do business with, so I am really hopeful they will come out with more clarifications that would assist us with our decision making. I almost went ahead and order sixteen 72 lbs suitcases. It would have sucked to find out that I probably would not be able to fit all sixteen of them after the freight truck drop them off. Weights obviously are not easy or cheap to return/exchange.

Reactions: Tractor Tim

· Registered
47 Posts
It would have sucked to find out that I probably would not be able to fit all sixteen of them after the freight truck drop them off. Weights obviously are not easy or cheap to return/exchange.
That’s why we’re here to assist with actual product usage. 😏 👌

· Premium Member
3,739 Posts
Here are some pics of my different HH setups.
The Dual row 72s is for my 4Rs
I have used the dual row 72 out side row and 42 inside row on my 3Rs and 2Rs
My 2025R does best with the single row of 72s on the outside, that I have for it now.

· Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here are some pics of my different HH setups.
The Dual row 72s is for my 4Rs
I have used the dual row 72 out side row and 42 inside row on my 3Rs and 2Rs
My 2025R does best with the single row of 72s on the outside, that I have for it now.
Wow, thank you for that information and those pictures! I assume with all sixteen 72’s you have no clearance issue on the 4 series but you do have clearance issue on the 3 series that forces you to use 42’s on the inside?

· Premium Member
3,739 Posts
I never tried the dual row of 72s on my 3 series, but I could see it being an issue, it is a tight fit on the 4Rs.
I used the double row 72 out 42 in for a long time on the 4 series, just recently added the new dual row 72s for my pond rake project I started working on last fall.
I still use both the dual row HHs on the 4 series and the single row 72s on my 2025R. I can put the dual row 72 out 42 in on the 2025R but it does not not seem to like it, its pushing its weight limits and the nose can get a little light unless I have something to counter it in the bucket or on the loader. The 2025R likes the single row 72s the best, or it seems to be the best fit for what it can lift anyway.

Reactions: shamrock12
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.