Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Middle buster/ripper
Has anyone plugged the two inch hitch with the Heavy Hitch ripper/middle buster into the Artillian two inch receiver/pallet frame adaptor on a front end loader? This seems to me to be a way to use lift, curl, and some downward pressure to exert some surgical finesse on some roots and small stumps and otherwise loosen up some hard soil for those of us without a back hoe? Realizing I don't have a bulldozer and being mindful not to twist my loader frame..... Is this bad idea? Am I missing something here? It looks like it would do more than probing with my pallet forks?

I'm trying to post this on both Heavy Hitch and Artillian. My apologies if that is a bad idea.

·
Registered
21,445 Posts
I think you idea is a good one except that you aren’t going to get the force you will need with the loader hydraulics. For smaller roots it may work OK. I’m just not sure how strong the 2” recieved on the fork frame is....

With that said Artillian does have a solution for what you are attempting - their front hoe bucket.

Fork Frame Attachments

57245288-F30C-4900-95FD-FFC02ED55511.jpeg

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the front hoe. I haven't tried it yet. My thought is that the same force applied to a smaller area to begin with might yield better results. The only component that I lack is the 2" receiver/adaptor plate, which of course I ordered the day after all the other Artillian stuff showed up.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HH ripper on 2” plate

HH ripper pointed forward on Artillian plate works great to loosen soil and pop small roots. Came in later with front hoe. In the absence of a backhoe it works nicely on small stumps. I can’t figure out photo posting from my iPad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts