Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
In the video, I can't tell the difference between digging with the toothbar and without. Do you find that it digs substantially differently with it? I'm considering getting one.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the video, I can't tell the difference between digging with the toothbar and without. Do you find that it digs substantially differently with it? I'm considering getting one.
It makes a huge difference on ground that has not been disturbed in a while. Our garden at the time we shot this, had not been turned over yet, however several loads of chicken manure were spread throughout the winter, and it was very soft.

As soon as I start ripping out our bushes, we will have another video. You can also tell a huge difference how easy it enters hard ground compared to just a flat surface. Tractor Time with Tim has a video of using the HH Toothbar, I just didn't see one of the actual install.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Following. I have also been considering getting one of these. Can't decide between the Heavy Hitch or the Piranha. They are different enough in design that for a couple of my jobs I think the Piranha would be better, and for a couple others I think the HH style would be better.

I look forward to your video of removing bushes to see how it works...

And yes, I have seen the Tractor Time with Tim video...that was helpful...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Following. I have also been considering getting one of these. Can't decide between the Heavy Hitch or the Piranha. They are different enough in design that for a couple of my jobs I think the Piranha would be better, and for a couple others I think the HH style would be better.

I look forward to your video of removing bushes to see how it works...

And yes, I have seen the Tractor Time with Tim video...that was helpful...
As soon as we get our garden planted, that's the next job on my honey-do-list. We put over 260 hours on the X590 we have in one season, so I'm trying to spread the hours more evenly since we added the 1025R.

·
Registered
231 Posts
If you don't have one yet, do yourself a favor and pick one up. We have a lot of bushes to remove this year, so I'm looking forward to abusing the soil!

On a side note, not much of a demo since the ground was somewhat soft, so we'll post the bushes after we get the garden planted.

https://youtu.be/P9d251yffbY
Nice job, ISPTrooper! Thanks for making the video. I've been thinking of getting one of these as well. I have an area out back that I want to strip back about 20' x 30' of grass and dig down about 24" to build a patio. This looks like it will make the job much easier.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice job, ISPTrooper! Thanks for making the video. I've been thinking of getting one of these as well. I have an area out back that I want to strip back about 20' x 30' of grass and dig down about 24" to build a patio. This looks like it will make the job much easier.
Oh this toothbar would be perfect for that! If you didn't catch the end of my video, they offer a discount for public safety and military!!

Bolt on Hooks is another addition I couldn't go without. Both U.S.A. companies also. We take pride in not only buying U.S. made products whenever possible, we even found a trailer company here in Indiana to support!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Curious if they offer regular teeth instead of the two pointers?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Curious if they offer regular teeth instead of the two pointers?
As of now they don't. These are great for ripping out tree/bush roots. We stripped 6 stumps after a backhoe ripped them out, and it did great....just so happens I didn't have someone around to take video of it.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
If you didn't catch the end of my video, they offer a discount for public safety and military!!
Does that include FD? If so, how does one get this discount and how much is it?

·
Administrator
17,092 Posts
If you don't have one yet, do yourself a favor and pick one up. We have a lot of bushes to remove this year, so I'm looking forward to abusing the soil!

On a side note, not much of a demo since the ground was somewhat soft, so we'll post the bushes after we get the garden planted.

https://youtu.be/P9d251yffbY

I just watched the video in full, great job! :good2:

I must however apologize for sending you that defective shirt-I know darn well the sleeves where on it when it left here :dunno: :mocking::lolol:

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts

I must however apologize for sending you that defective shirt-I know darn well the sleeves where on it when it left here :dunno: :mocking::lolol:
I'm beginning to think that shirt is the official GTT YouTube uniform. :laugh:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Well it was permanently stained the first day I had it, so off went the sleeves. For $10 or $12 or whatever it cost me, I'm sure I'll get some good garden videos out of it!

·
Registered
837 Posts
I have the piranha tooth bar and it works very good but our soil is very sandy and loose. It looks like the HH tooth bar would be better for very hard soil.

·
Registered
11,660 Posts
for the fellas who want a Heavy Hitch anything go to Tractor Time with Tim's web site-order thru tim and heavy hitch will give u a 5% discount from there.:bigthumb: here's the link to ithttp://tractortimewithtim.com/wordpress/

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have the piranha tooth bar and it works very good but our soil is very sandy and loose. It looks like the HH tooth bar would be better for very hard soil.
True, we have a lot of hard clay. It takes at least 3 times turning the garden over to be able to plant. I'll upload some drone footage of my son tilling probably this weekend.

·
Registered
11,660 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts