Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been getting my 1025r up in shape. As you know I've one adding diverter....but beyond that I've purchased a Heavy Hitch Weight Bracket. My key focus is not necessary adding the weights but rather when mowing having the extra bar out front as bumper. Spoke to the company and it is a heavy 3/8 bar and is rather wide. Obviously a good point is I can pull off when I use my loader. Not sure if it would be in the way. I am concerned about protecting front while mowing and this should do it. Any comments appreciated.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
I have the HH front weight bracket as well. Never thought about using it as a bumper or type of brush guard but I can see how that could help. I take my loader off and on a lot so I generally only use the front weight bracket when using a heavy rear implement where I need the counterweight but don't want the size of the FEL sticking out the front. HH makes quality stuff.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is my additional plans....for years I've made some equipment and modified others that I've purchased. In speaking with Heavy Hitch the unit can be bolted on. I plan on welding on some bell nuts to the inside and I can easily unbolt the unit....also plan on added some to the rear...this will eliminate rattling and make very secure. Also I plan on modifiing the unit to add a receiver hitch...add a cross place and another wrap around plate. It will be flush the front ...may need to add a cross rod to locate the inserted hitch. This way I can add my winch and pull coupling...add several items. Here's a plan I have and will update on this post....maybe heavy hitch will want to pick up on it....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,794 Posts
Was this your first purchase from Heavy Hitch? They do make high quality items and are made in the U.S.A.........

I have the John Deere front weight bracket, but have never installed it. I rarely take off my FEL during summer months, but I also don't mow with my 1025r. I can see why those who do mow would want the FEL off the machine.

·
Premium Member
8,794 Posts
Here is my additional plans....for years I've made some equipment and modified others that I've purchased. In speaking with Heavy Hitch the unit can be bolted on. I plan on welding on some bell nuts to the inside and I can easily unbolt the unit....also plan on added some to the rear...this will eliminate rattling and make very secure. Also I plan on modifiing the unit to add a receiver hitch...add a cross place and another wrap around plate. It will be flush the front ...may need to add a cross rod to locate the inserted hitch. This way I can add my winch and pull coupling...add several items. Here's a plan I have and will update on this post....maybe heavy hitch will want to pick up on it....
I think this is a good way to pull with a winch, within reason, of course. There was just another GTT member who asked me about putting a winch on their 1025r and I suggested they find a way to properly mount it off the front frame rails, and it looks like your plan will accomplish that. Putting the winch mount in the receiver tube would be a good way to be pulling low and using the tractors frame, instead of pulling with the rear 3 point arms, which I fear could easily turn into angled pulls, etc. and possibly damage the 3 ph arms if one wasn't careful.

Are you going to use a separate battery for the winch, due to power demand and maybe hang the winch battery off the side of the weight bracket in it's own tray or box so when you remove the winch, you can pull the winch battery with it?

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sully, I looked at the tractor again...in talking with heavy hitch the front is removable....however I plan on bolting it on rather than the long pin...also where it drops in the channel at the rear I plan on welding a flared nut on and then when I remove I can just run the nuts out. I'll probably spot weld. Also I looked at my receiver piece this morning and it will probably be in line with the front cross plate on the frame so I'll probably just weld the tube to a plate then weld the tube in a lower bumper piece. Got a plan I think will work . I then can put ball connection for moving trailers or sliding my winch in there...I'll probably come right off the battery terminals to the winch using something like those twist in welding connectors...I got a plan just waiting on the heavy hitch. I can then also hang weights if needed ....I like it more as a bumper than weight hanger.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sulley: I may just make my receiver hitch a bolt on to the existing cross plate and not disturb the heavy hitch.....I've got the receiver and need a plate of 3/8x4"x13 3/4 weld the square tubing...angle reinforcement and I'm in business....hate to weld on the new Heavy Hitch....

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This way I can readily access the pin and it will be might strong. May make a face plate out of the flat bar to also go into the receiver....that should do it....

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've decided on heading a drifferent way...I bought the front receiver hitch and I'll just install the heavy hitch as is...no additional fabrication....

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Please share pictures when you are all setup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts