Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

Greetings from the Home of the Tunbridge World's Fair!

I am soon to be the owner of a JD 3038e! It is scheduled to arrive at the Dealer in mid-November. It will be my first tractor. I currently have a D125 Riding Mower that I have enjoyed using immensely after buying this spring of this year for lawn cutting as well as moving wood and garden stuff with the 10p cart.

I am planning on using the 3038e for mowing some of the land around my house that is a bit rough for a riding mower as well as snow removal in the winter, moving wood and all the side jobs that the wife is already planning for me!

What I am really excited about using it for though is to do more extensive vegetable growing! I own a bakery cafe and am jazzed by the idea of growing as much produce as I can to supply the shop. Having friends who are farmers in the area has inspired me to try to do some more intense growing than what I am doing right now. And what better equipment to achieve that than a John Deere! :thumbup1gif:

I have been lurking on this forum for the past few weeks reading as much as I could as "homework" to get ready when I finally take delivery of the 3038e. This forum seems to me to be really very civilized and patronized by a lot of very knowledgable tractor enthusiasts. I look forward to submitting my questions to the collective forum for consideration when I finally get down to work with the new tractor!

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
:wgtt:
From CT

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,789 Posts
Welcome to GTT Alembic, nice introduction.
I suppose you already know pictures are required of new equipment?

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Thank you for the welcome! My father was born and raised in Williamstown, West Virginia.
If I were a good West Virginian I would know where that is but I'm a transplant from MI.:unknown:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to GTT Alembic, nice introduction.
I suppose you already know pictures are required of new equipment?
Indeed I do! I look forward to posting some when I finally receive the tractor! I must mention that reading some of the posts here about JD's sort of infamous reputation for not delivering equipment when originally scheduled it might not be for a while till I can post something!:unknown:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,789 Posts
Indeed I do! I look forward to posting some when I finally receive the tractor! I must mention that reading some of the posts here about JD's sort of infamous reputation for not delivering equipment when originally scheduled it might not be for a while till I can post something!:unknown:
:thumbup1gif: Cool! Thanks. Keep in mind, we ain't goin anywhere. :lol:

·
Registered
4,474 Posts

Welcome from New York.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Administrator
20,852 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,886 Posts
Welcome from West Virginia, read where your father was born and raised in Williamstown , WV. I've been there twice , nice area , but on the other side of the state near the Ohio River.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome from Williamstown Vermont! Did you purchase your ride from LF Trottier and sons? Good luck with all your projects and enjoy the new tractor.

jrob730

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome from West Virginia, read where your father was born and raised in Williamstown , WV. I've been there twice , nice area , but on the other side of the state near the Ohio River.

Thanks for the Welcome!
I have to admit that regrettably I haven't been down there in years. I still have relatives who live there who visited 2 Thanksgivings ago. I would love to get enough time off to go down and visit them.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome from Williamstown Vermont! Did you purchase your ride from LF Trottier and sons? Good luck with all your projects and enjoy the new tractor.

jrob730

Thanks for the Welcome!

I sure did purchase it from LF Trottier's! It seems to me from driving around here that the Tunbridge / Sharon / Royalton area is essentially being in John Deere Country - most of the farms have green tractors! :good2: I suspect Larry Trottier sold most of them!

I can't wait to get it!:yahoo:

·
Super Moderator
5,579 Posts
:gtfam:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts