Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just wanted to say hello. I live in Western NY and have worked at a local Deere dealership in parts for the past 8 years. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I will try to help you all when I can.

Danny

·
Registered
14,381 Posts
I told a young man at my local JD dealer a couple weeks ago, that he had the best job in the dealership. Do you agree?

A friend of mine from college at Alfred Tech worked for Lamb and Webster, before going to work for New Holland. He is now retired from NH and I believe back part time at Lamb and Webster. I think I have the dealer name correct. Sometimes red tractors blur in my mind.

·
Premium Member
2,668 Posts
Welcome and thanks for your offer to help.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
:welcomedt

Danny!

Really COOL a parts guy. We are going to depend on you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The best job, I don't know about that..... :laugh: It has its ups and downs like anything else, but, I love agriculture and farming and am always looking to expand my knowledge. It is kind of like every day is your first day with all the new problems that come in through the doors.

Lamb and Webster is the correct name of the CIH dealer, although, you aren't allowed to say Case at the counter, that is considered swearing:nunu:

Thanks again!!

Danny

·
Administrator
21,033 Posts
Welcome to DT Danny:thumbup1gif:

You have any tractors yourself?

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Danny, Welcome to the fracas. Don't let these guys fool ya, they are pretty good at identifying parts. Good to have someone from behind the counter.

sent from my cell via tapatalk

·
Registered
14,381 Posts
The best job, I don't know about that..... :laugh: It has its ups and downs like anything else, but, I love agriculture and farming and am always looking to expand my knowledge. It is kind of like every day is your first day with all the new problems that come in through the doors.

Lamb and Webster is the correct name of the CIH dealer, although, you aren't allowed to say Case at the counter, that is considered swearing:nunu:

Thanks again!!

Danny
The response about saying Case at the counter made me laugh out loud. I suppose it might be the same way at a lot of old IH dealers.

My favorite customers were the farmer's wives, who when you ask them which side of the machine the part was on, would respond with, "the side next to the barn". Of course, the husbands would also come up with the same type answers at times.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts