Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Six weeks ago, I went to pick up an X320 to replace my old 214 and decided that I would be better off with a car payment. I now own (John Deere financing owns most of it, for now) a 1025R. I would like to thank (blame) all of you here on this website for putting the thought of owning my own mower, loader, backhoe, posthole digger, snow blower, and fork lift all in one. I was going to buy a set of Artillian forks, but I forgot to delete them from my order and they came in handy today moving all the stuff around anyway.
Just wanted to thank you all for posting your opinions of 1 and 2 series, that really helped me focus in on a 1025R for the work I will be doing around the yard and probably neighbor yards. I live on a smidge more than 2 acres and this little tractor will be more than enough. Wanted a 2 series, but needed a 1 series. Frugality won out, for now.
I am going to be rebuilding a garage and a house. This little tractor is going to help me do that, and yes the garage is going to be built before the house and yes I am single.

Thanks again :thumbup1gif:,
Tom

Yes, yes…..I will post some pictures when I get a chance and when I remember….remembering will be the biggest obstacle.
Oh yeah, that front end is really light with only the backhoe attached.

·
Registered
709 Posts
:wgtt:

You are going to enjoy it! If it really bothers you not ordering the Artillian forks, you can go ahead and order them for me if it makes you feel better. I still need a set. I am still working on my wife for them. :lol:

Reactions: Levi and farmgirl19

·
Super Moderator
5,579 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
4,474 Posts

Welcome from New York.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,789 Posts
Welcome to GTT Stawgn10.
For the record. I had nothing to do with it so you cannot blame me. I however have been blaming the other members here for a while now, so you are good to go with that. Just Sayin!:lol:

Reactions: Levi

·
Administrator
18,287 Posts
Welcome Tom!
Send back those Frontier forks now and order up some Artillian's, you'll gain 150+ pounds of lift capacity.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Administrator
20,852 Posts

Front ballast is just as important as rear ballast. When the backhoe is on, you should have the loader on too. :good2: it'll keep you safer and the tractor will work a lot more effectively.

·
Premium Member
14,886 Posts
Welcome from West Virginia and enjoy your 1025r.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
:wgtt:Getting all that you did just means you get to have more fun, I mean do more work. Welcome to GTT!!:laugh:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the welcome and advice. The 1025R is amazing, we lifted 3 logs that were about 6" in diameter and over 12' long. It only lifted them about 3', but it was amazing. The backend with the backhoe bounced up while moving the logs, so we went with 2 at a time. It was great fun maneuvering the logs between trees about 12' apart. We only had to go about 150'.
Using the forks like a rake worked very well gathering up all the limbs and branches on the ground pushing them into a nice pile.
The mowing was easy considering the grass hasn't been cut this summer.
I put the pictures in a GTT photo album labeled stuff. I would have put them on here, but I'm worn out just trying to load them to the album

·
Registered
2,175 Posts

1 - 14 of 14 Posts