Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,despite working for John Deere Horicon Works (where the MANLY MEN work,Building 101:tongue:) for 15 years I only recently bought my first Deere. The old school diesel dreadnought of John Deere garden tractors,a 430.Funny story about it that i'll tell in the thread I start for it.

·
Administrator
20,881 Posts
:wgtt:

·
Super Moderator
2,707 Posts

Welcome. I have been wanting to visit the Horicon works. I wish I could have been there last summer for the 50th anniversary.

On the 430, nice choice. We have vintage section for L&G, where your 430 will be at home. Hydrostatic Drive Tractors I'm on the tail of a 430 now, but I need to spruce up my 445 to make the deal. I have a few John Deere L&Gs, now, and had several over the years.

·
Registered
947 Posts
From one Wisconsinite to another....welcome to GTT. :drinks:

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Premium Member
14,899 Posts
Welcome from West Virginia

·
Registered
12,077 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania. Forst Horicon tractor I drove was a seven horsepower, three speed 110. You guys have been making fine products for a long, long time.:usa

·
Super Moderator
2,707 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania. Forst Horicon tractor I drove was a seven horsepower, three speed 110. You guys have been making fine products for a long, long time.:usa
Too bad you don't still have that '63 110. They're highly sought after now, and bring good money. Only a 1000 were made, so they're kind of rare. The '63s and '64s are the most desirable ones, and also the '66 110Hs and '66 112Hs.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts

Welcome from New York.

·
Registered
12,077 Posts
Too bad you don't still have that '63 110. They're highly sought after now, and bring good money. Only a 1000 were made, so they're kind of rare. The '63s and '64s are the most desirable ones, and also the '66 110Hs and '66 112Hs.
I would give a lot to have that one in particular. I have been looking for a tractor that my Dad sold. For some reason, I think it would be nice to have. He died in 1984, so the chances of finding one and tracing it get slimmer every day. I can find ones that I sold, but they don't mean that much to me.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,816 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,584 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
588 Posts