Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this site a couple of days ago and have enjoyed the few visits since. Looks like I'll be in the company of folk such as myself here so I thought I would officially join and be able to participate.

I'll get my stuff together and post some pictures and a link to my photos of various things a little later.

Looking forward to the fellowship.

Wayne

·
Administrator
21,290 Posts
Welcome to DT Wayne:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Hello Wayne! I like Astronomy (have a Celstron and the software to drive it), I've backpacked in the Appalachian Mountains and New England (when I was a younger pup), used to play banjo and guitar (before my hands got too stiff), and like JD stuff (but grew up on Wheel Horses).

I am, however, a confirmed melissophobic so beekeeping is right out. So as long as the JD tractor is cabbed in the summer, I'm good to go. If I had my way, we'd come up with a genetically modified butterfly that was a pollination machine and get rid of all bees and wasps. I like honey, but I'm willing to make sacrifices for what I believe in :laugh:

Welcome Aboard!

Pete

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Welcome Wayne, we are all looking forward to see your machines and teaching us something new. :good2:n Glad to have ya here.

·
Premium Member
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like Astronomy, I've backpacked in the Appalachian Mountains and New England , used to play banjo and guitar and like JD stuff.

I am, however, a confirmed melissophobic so beekeeping is right out. I like honey, but I'm willing to make sacrifices for what I believe in :laugh:

Pete
Pete,

I enjoyed your thread on the construction of your building. Very well done. We have a lot in common. I have a 12" LX200 Meade in a backyard observatory. My wife and I have completed the first 350 miles of the southern AT and I have done another 110 in Virginia.
Can't play the guitar and barely can play the banjo but love to try. Beekeeping is something my grandfather and uncles did and I have just gotten the opportunity this year to join in. So far so good only 4 stings and they were all my fault.

I've attached a picture of the White House Observatory located in my backyard.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts