Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All, just wanted to say hi from Centre County PA! I used this forum extensively when trying to decide what to purchase and I ended up going with a 3025e and took delivery yesterday! :yahoo: It came with the D160 Loader and I also added in pallet forks. Ordered a Piranha Bar this morning, excited to get that bad boy installed. I have some brushy land that needs cleared to build a woodshed and I have ground that needs turned into a food plot! Thanks again for everyone's posts, it was a wealth of information to have to make the right purchase! :cheers: 20170803_181740.jpg 20170803_181728.jpg 20170803_184916.jpg

·
Administrator
20,359 Posts
Whoops,

:wgtt:

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Did the dealer sell you any type of rear ballast with your tractor? Heard this kind of thing is going on.
If not you're tractor needs some. Especially before using the front end loader.

And welcome

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did the dealer sell you any type of rear ballast with your tractor? Heard this kind of thing is going on.
If not you're tractor needs some. Especially before using the front end loader.

And welcome
Nope, but the rear tires were filled with washer fluid. I asked about ballast and he said the filled wheels should be enough. Also planning on picking up a box blade, either a 5' or 6', not sure what the tractor can handle, and will use that for ballast as well when needed.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,200 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Welcome! I picked up a 3025E earlier this year, and it has done everything I have asked of it.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Nope, but the rear tires were filled with washer fluid. I asked about ballast and he said the filled wheels should be enough. Also planning on picking up a box blade, either a 5' or 6', not sure what the tractor can handle, and will use that for ballast as well when needed.
Why am I not surprised ?
Sounds about par for the course. What is wrong with these dealerships?
You are going to need a lot more than filled tires. Well if you want to pick up anything heavy with your loader. I'd look into rear wheel weights, filled ballast box or heavy hitch with multiple suitcase weights.

I'd highly recommend doing some more research on the subject. You can find information on this and JD's site.

Now if you end up having what's left of your new tractor towed back to them. Because it ended up on it's side, got wadded up at the bottom of a hill because you couldn't stop or has damage to the front axle from overloading it. (Seriously) I'm 100% sure that dealership is going to pay for the damage. (Sarcasm) Good luck with that. Even after telling JD or dealership owner the sales guy said it would be okay. Not to mention the loss of life and limb.

Stupid lack of safety stuff like this pisses me off to no end. Especially when doing it right means more money in the dealerships pocket and they refuse to do it anyway.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida.

·
Registered
527 Posts
gttgreen.gif

Welcome from Southern Maryland

·
Registered
1,072 Posts

congratulations on your new tractor

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
:gtfam: and:congrats: on your new tractor looks good

·
Registered
4,249 Posts

Welcome from New York.

·
Premium Member
2,045 Posts
Welcome from Upper Dauphin County PA.

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Welcome from Illinois. You need ballast on the rear of the tractor. If you pick up something heavy and you back tires are off the ground you have no brakes. Even if the tries are not completely off the ground you have no brakes. With 25hp don't go over a 5 ft box blade.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Welcome from Illinois. You need ballast on the rear of the tractor. If you pick up something heavy and you back tires are off the ground you have no brakes. Even if the tries are not completely off the ground you have no brakes. With 25hp don't go over a 5 ft box blade.

When you have a load in the bucket.
Putting the transmission in 4X4 when going down a hill will make the front wheels help stop the tractor. Just don't turn on hard ground.
You can also back down the hill.
Having your rear wheels in constant contact with the ground is very important on a tractor.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts