Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Thanks to the person(s) who invented this site and keep it going. Thanks to those who take the time to answer all the questions... post pictures... share lessons learned... etc... I am not new to the site I have just finally joined instead of being a lurking buzzard.

I first got into the JD world years ago when my dad bought me my first JD (755). What kept me in the JD world was how hard the 755 worked and how hard my dealer worked to keep it repaired and going. My second was in the series two line and I kept it for a little over a year and after we went through a savage ice storm I decided I needed something larger that could pinch and lift hence the 3039R I have now with the 4 in 1 loader. Well years later I find I can down size now get my belly mower back and keep my 4 in 1.
So now currently I have the 3039R with the 4 in 1. Pull behind grooming mower GM3060. Box scraper. Regular scraper. Disc harrow.

8+ acers home front pine and open land around the house (the pine are what mostly keep the 4 in one busy) plus in-law property I help with. More land down the road and more land in another state (which I have not gotten brave enough to haul the tractor to).

In the market now for a 2038R. I get to keep the 4 in 1. Will get a 72 inch belly mower, tiller, new blade and new disc harrow.

Been asked why in the world would I down size. Priorities change (I do more mowing and front end loader work then cultivation). I was looking at more cultivation type stuff at one time but mice and men have issues with plans).

Lessons about tractors I have learned since owning one:
1) The things are not cheap. :gizmo:
2) If its green and yellow its not cheap. :gizmo:
3) Never had a clue to how much use I could get out a font end loader until I got one. :yahoo:

4) To sooth the savage beast: Earphones with built in radio + Rock + Tractor = Taming of the savage beast (plus it gets me out from underfoot of the wife so kind of makes her happy also). :kidw_truck_smiley:

Have a great day you all and keep on keeping on :bigthumb:

·
Registered
527 Posts
gttgreen.gif

Hi and welcome from Southern Maryland. Like to see some pics of the new 2038R when you get it. :bigthumb:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,200 Posts
:wgtt:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
11,757 Posts
:wgtt:i think ur gonna really like the 2038R- i had the chance to look at one a couple weeks ago at the dealer when dropping my X-475 off for some work. they look really beefier in the rear(axle housing's) a lot bigger than my 2520 does. u got any pics of that RFM-3060 working? :munch:any pics at all:laugh: we like pics!:mocking:

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
:wgtt: and :congrats: on your new :greentractorride:

·
Registered
1,933 Posts

·
Administrator
20,354 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,484 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Since I read that some of you like pictures here it goes.... Still looking but I can't find any of the 755. And I will try to post when I get my newest and it's attachments. So here is a couple of what I had and what I have now. I did discover turf tires are not really turf friendly and they are not much in the traction business.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts