Green Tractor Talk banner

Hello from NC

2K views 22 replies 22 participants last post by  Lazy Bones 
#1 ·
We leased some property from an elderly couple and I had the opportunity to work on their LX188 over the last decade to mow their yard, orchard and a couple of trails back to the main fields that were farmed. I really fell in love with the LX188 and the support I received from the local Deere dealer in Reidsville NC.

Well, time came for me to replace my home mower and I bought a gently used (50 hrs) X300 last year. The mower belt design leaves me scratching my bald head. I snapped a bunch of belts before "adjusting" the primary idler pully bracket. Very touchy on belts to say the least.

Undeterred I started looking for a small tractor for the home (and it's 4.8 acre lot) we'll be moving into at the end of this month. I found a almost new (100 hrs) 2017 1025r with the loader and backhoe as well as a 60" deck for mowing.

We've got a pool demolition project to tackle (the backhoe should be very handy for that), lots of mulch, dirt and gravel to move around as well as a bunch of grass to mow!

Look forward to being part of the community!
Greg

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome from a fellow North Carolinian! I'm currently close to Raleigh but have some land in Ashe County. You will like the 1025r, and this group of folks has an incredible amount of knowledge and a helpful attitude. Welcome to GTT!

#3 ·
Welcome to GTT

Reactions: Greg_F
#5 ·
Welcome from NW SD.

rob

#7 ·
Welcome from Wisconsin.

#9 ·
Welcome from southern ky!

#10 ·
Welcome to GTT

#18 ·
Welcome from NEPA.

#21 ·
From one Greg to another................Welcome to GTT!

Reactions: keane and Greg_F
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.