Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined this great and self evident information/usage web site for John Deere tractors. I have a 3320 as we speak with a front bucket, hydraulic snow blade and rake. I also have a JDX738 mower tractor which does a grand job cutting grass and gathering leaves when attached to a significant collection unit. Recent acquisition of several hilly and partially wooded acres convince me I need stronger tractor especially for the boulder collection ever needed around the place. Ah, to be honest I really just like power (used to fly "fighters" back in the day). Thinking of an immediate upgrade to a JD4420, 2014 model. 48 HP, HST, Industrial tires. Usage will be snow plowing (200 meter narrow driveway off 6 car parking area +); hauling large boulders and slabs of bluestone; an acre or two garden etc.. Mainly interested in the performance difference with the 48 versus 33 hp tractor.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
:wgtt:

Welcome neighbor, from Pleasant Valley. Nice tractors you already have, and I'm envious that you're ready to upgrade.

·
Administrator
20,852 Posts

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
From CT

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,789 Posts
Welcome to GTT ARGeuss.
Just so you know, there are members from Texas on here and we the members from NY now out number them.:lol:

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Welcome, from Texas!

:gtfam:

Pay no attention to Gizmo! He is a Texan wannabe, and has even said so in other postings! :thumbup1gif:

Seriously, we are all one big family here! Welcome!!

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Welcome from north east Pennsylvania.

Thank you for your service.:usa

Reactions: RetiredCarGuy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice to be aboard

:greentractorride: It is nice to be aboard. Even nicer to find responses from CT, NY, and TX. Bought some land in TX when heading to Vietnam, 1971. The property value remains depressed but I do like to look at Lake Travis when visiting Austin. I don't remember needing binoculars. :)
Welcome to GTT ARGeuss.
Just so you know, there are members from Texas on here and we the members from NY now out number them.:lol:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
14,886 Posts
Welcome from West Virginia

·
Super Moderator
5,579 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Just joined this great and self evident information/usage web site for John Deere tractors.
Mainly interested in the performance difference with the 48 versus 33 hp tractor.
Welcome and you're among a lot of helpful people here. Lots of experience and know-how to share. I upgraded from a 48 hp open station 4320 CUT to a 60 hp with Cab 4520 CUT and really could tell the difference in power especially when pulling the MX 6 bush hog. I can't tell any difference in the FEL capacity. I think the dealer said that both tractors used the same hydraulic pump. Fuel consumption is basically the same and may be just a little better with the 60 hp while pulling the bush hog.

I personally think you'll enjoy the extra 15 hp. Don't know if that info helps you any but that's my opinion based on personal experience. Good luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts