Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I meant to make this earlier, but wanted to drop a hello. So hello from the Catskills of NY.

Several years ago I thought about getting a tractor, but really didn't know what I wanted or needed. To get me by, I ended up getting a 6x4 Gator with a plow, tow behind brush hog from DR Power Equipment, and a Craftsman lawn tractor. During the snow season of 2020-2021, I soon realized I also needed a snow blower as the gator with plow was no match for it. I dreaded doing PM on multiple engines and decided it was time to invest in something I could use throughout the year. One machine to maintain. One type fuel source in storage that can be rotated out fairly quick.

Since this was my first tractor, ended up with a used 2018 2025R with 200 hours. Sale came with liquid filled rear tires, pallet forks, loader/bucket, backhoe, and 54" snowblower. Just picked up a used 60D deck from another 2018 2025R owner who didn't want theirs. Now searching for a plow blade for days when its just not enough for the snowblower.

Probably next year, I'll look into getting a flail mower to mow the open field I have here.

Not relying the previous owners maintenance habits, I decided to do the full major PM service interval. This got me to know the tractor really well. Crawling under and over got me to know this machine so much more and enjoying the process. I have to give credit to those folks here for sharing their tips and tricks with their tractors as it has come in handy thus far. I plan to pay it forward and contribute to the community as well.

Registered
Congrats 馃帀

welcome from southern ky!

Reactions: MattL

Registered
Welcome Sid to GTT from western PA. (y)with the 2025R package deal

Registered
Welcome! I get a lot of use out of my 2025r.

Senior GTT Super Slacker
Welcome to GTT.
I'm in Sullivan County NY. Where are you located?

Reactions: BWV and Kbar

Premium Member
Welcome from SE PA!!

Registered
Welcome to GTT

Registered
Hello from western pa

Premium Member
Welcome to GTT. I grew up in the Catskills

Reactions: BWV

Premium Member
Tator
Welcome from Central New York (Otsego County)

Reactions: BWV

Registered
Welcome from northeastern Pennsylvania. My Mom grew up in Grand Gorge.

Premium Member
Tator
Reactions: DRobinson

Registered
Welcome from Wisconsin. Congrats!

Premium Member
Welcome from NW SD.

rob

Registered
I've never heard that Don, I'm only 30 minutes from Grand Gorge.
She was raised by her grand parents. They lived just on the outskirts of town on the road toward Prattsville. Her graduating class from Grand Gorge High School had, I think, 7 graduates. My Mom was born on New Year Day, 1920 over a cider mill and spent her young life in Grand Gorge until she graduated and then moved to Binghamton to attend nurses training at Binghamton City Hospital. She graduated in 1940 with her RN and went to work. She and my Dad were married on 03 May 1942, shortly before my Dad was drafted into the Army Air Corps for WWII. When he returned they moved to Gulfport, Mississippi. My Dad was assigned as a Radio Operator Instructor at Keesler Field, until his discharge on 27 October 1945. I was born in Binghamton 12 days later.

Thanks, Pat for giving me the opportunity to talk about my Mom on Mother's Day. I miss her.

Don

Registered
I grew up doing a lot of trout fishing with my dad in and around the Beaverkill, East Branch, Esopus, and other nooks and crannies up there. And one of my best friends has deep roots in Margaretville who I'm looking forward to visit this summer as things get back to normal. I feel like I remember a diner right on the main street in Liberty that had a wicked slope from the front door to the back. This would have been the mid-late 80s.

Lots of fond memories of a time not so long ago but far away now.

Premium Member
Tator
Reactions: Gizmo2
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.