Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone and thank you for letting me be a part of this group and to learn from you all. I recently purchased a 1025R. I have been contemplating getting a broadcast spreader that is pto driven. but one I don't want something so huge.. I only have about 2 acres. And number two I also want to be able to use it for sanding/salt in the winter and seeding and fertilizing in the summer. what are some recommendations and why that you guys may have for me. I've looked at king cutter, frontier, and even tractor supply where there is rumor that the poly one is imatch compatiable? anyone know if this is the truth??

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,082 Posts
Welcome from Sullivan County NY.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
:wgtt:

Welcome neighbor.

Regarding your question, I really can't help, but if you post something in the implements and attachments section, you may get better information. This thread is more of a member introduction area.

·
Super Moderator
5,484 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
12,540 Posts

From another New Yorker

·
Administrator
20,359 Posts

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
And another New Yorker says Welcome! I can't help with your spreader questions, but someone here will do so.

·
Super Moderator
7,911 Posts
Welcome aboard from Massachusetts.

I'd say the first item to look for on a spreader that's also intended for salt & sand would be a poly or stainless steel hopper. You don't want something so big that it's going to be awkward to handle or have an extremely large capacity. I'd imagine that you'd be hard pressed to use any more than ~100# of material per application.

Take a look at these previous threads on the subject:

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/5689-3-point-spreader-fertilizer-seed-salt-1026r.html

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/implements-attachments/142770-need-recommendations-salt-sand-spreader.html

:gtfam:

·
Premium Member
2,045 Posts
Welcome from South Central PA.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,200 Posts

·
Registered
11,758 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Welcome from Illinois. I have the Meyer BL240 spreader I use for salt. Works great.

·
Registered
527 Posts
gttgreen.gif

Welcome from Southern Maryland

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Welcome from WNY :good2:

I have a SS1023 frontier.Only I use it for is fertilizer.Polly is the way to go using salt.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

1 - 16 of 16 Posts