Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading this forum for some time and occasionally replying but never created a new member post. I have a new to me 2013 1025r with loader, 48" box blade, 54" snowblower and 54" mower that I bought used last December with 150 hours on it. I now have about 220 on it. We purchased it because my wife, kids and I moved from Colorado back to the UP in Michigan where I grew up to be closer to Grandma and Papa. We went from a city lot in Denver to 10 acres, about 3 that are lawn and the rest wooded with a 600' driveway.

If you know anything about the UP, you know we get snow (200" avg per year in the Keweenaw) so the tractor was primarily a way to keep the driveway clear and the lawn mowed. Over the year though I've used it for more things than I thought I would and am continually amazed at how much you can get done: driveway maintenance, grading, digging trenches and swales, even just as a diesel wheelbarrow or extra pair of hands.

I've learned so much already from this forum about proper use and maintenance. Seems like a nice bunch so I thought I'd join the community more officially.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Registered
2022 Ram 3500 CTD
456 Posts
Welcome from Northern Indiana. I’m sure you will get plenty of use out of your tractor. No doubt it is possible to plow snow almost every winter day in the Keweenaw.

Reactions: Yooper193

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
45,829 Posts
Welcome to GTT

·
Registered
5,990 Posts
Welcome from Central Ohio

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
Welcome from MN!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Welcome from southern KY!

·
Premium Member
3,854 Posts
Welcome to GTT from SE PA! They are great machines and their intended purpose always grows once you've got one! Welcome to the community!

Reactions: Mackford13

·
Registered
486 Posts
Welcome from SE Wisconsin. Great setup.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Welcome from NW NJ.
Do you ever actually see your lawn?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome from NW NJ.
Do you ever actually see your lawn?
This year we saw it from April to November, so not bad, but it was admittedly a light winter last year and a late start this year. All the experts are claiming it's going to be much heavier this year. I guess we'll find out :unsure:

Welcome from Southeastern Michigan. Send us some of your snow please!
I'll hope for snow down state for you!

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
Welcome from NW SD.

rob

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Welcome from another Michigander.
Make it to UP a lot and love it up there. Spent my whole life up there as Grandparents then parents had a cabin in Bergland for years and then I had one North of Amasa and also spent a lot of time snowmobiling there for years. We go still traveling in out 5th wheel ever summer. 👍

·
Registered
963 Posts
Welcome and good to hear from you. You got a good tractor and a nice homestead (y)
It's pretty in the UP, but I don't envy your winters ☹

·
Registered
J.D 2038r
591 Posts
Welcome from NW Ct.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Welcome from mid Michigan, my friend has a cabin in Au Train

·
Registered
680 Posts
Welcome to GTT from NE Illinois. No snow here yet. But soon I think. I pulled my blower up to the garage yesterday.

Reactions: Yooper193

·
Registered
X320, 3720 W/ 300cx loader, 5'ford 917 flail, CL 6' box blade, 64 massy 165
666 Posts
Welcome aboard from Delaware.
Wow, 200" and thought Buffalo NY was bad. There we used to get about 90" when was a kid. The good old days.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Welcome from mid Michigan, my friend has a cabin in Au Train
Au Train is beautiful, but then again most of the Lake Superior shore is. It's on the way to our annual family reunion spot.

Welcome from another Michigander.
Make it to UP a lot and love it up there. Spent my whole life up there as Grandparents then parents had a cabin in Bergland for years and then I had one North of Amasa and also spent a lot of time snowmobiling there for years. We go still traveling in out 5th wheel ever summer. 👍

When I was a teen my dad and I would hunt in Crystal Falls and pass through Amasa to get there. We'd always stop at the Tall Pines on 141 for snacks. Good times.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.