Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from the Pacific Northwest!
I had been searching for a small TLB for the last two years to work my properties. I was indecisive between going orange or staying green but was really leaning towards green. I found this used 2016 1025r on Craigslist for way under a new one with only 12 hours on the clock and that clinched it. Next I picked up the BXpanded Barracuda thumb because we have opposable ones on our hands for a reason. Next I needed to have a trailer to transport the TLB between properties and to haul material. I picked up the Iron Bull dump trailer because it came standard with all of the options that I wanted. The TLB fits with the bucket hanging over the front and the bucket hanging out the back about 18 inches. The trailer has a 12 volt hydraulic pump and a single cylinder scissors lift. There are d-ring tie downs in the bed and a three way tailgate with chain set. It also came with an enclosed roll up tarp. I can haul 2 yards of 3/4 minus and dump it uphill on 12% grade so it has lots of power. I have done 200 feet of french drains, removed 10 yards of brush and restored 300 feet of nasty driveway. So far I am extremely happy that I stayed with John Deere. The only thing that I could find wrong was the power steering lines under the front axle. I had three hours on it and when I backed up over a small root that was sticking up and snapped the fitting. Two days down waiting for the part. I am going to make a guard that will cover the fittings and hoses. After I add a third function or splitter to the loader I will get a 60" brush grapple from Titan which utilizes the H120 pins. I am open to comments, questions, opinions and advice.....but please, no flaming. I gave up forums along time ago just because some folks can be jerks and I do not tolerate disrespect. I hope to gain and give needed information on this site and maybe have a little fun.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Welcome to GTT! That's a great set up. And picture is up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Thumb

Thumb.jpg

Thank you for the welcome. I was not sure if the picture uploaded properly....I am an old guy and not real tech savvy. The BXpanded Barracuda thumb was an absolute essential. Really great product and company. It was very easy to install and made in the USA. Glad to see them here as a vendor. I really wanted to install a hydraulic thumb but I was not happy with the designs that were available. With a little ingenuity and a welder, I may come up with something in the future.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,082 Posts
:wgtt:

·
Administrator
20,359 Posts
Welcome to GTT!

And congrats on your new green :greentractorride: :bigthumb:

·
Super Moderator
5,484 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Welcome from Oregon. Sure wish I had your trailer. Maybe my next buy.

Randy
Warren, OR

Sent from my SM-T537V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,249 Posts

Welcome from New York. Congrats and thanks for the pics.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,200 Posts
:wgtt: and Congrats!! Thanks for the pics! Looking good. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dump Trailer

Welcome from Oregon. Sure wish I had your trailer. Maybe my next buy.

Randy
Warren, OR

Sent from my SM-T537V using Tapatalk
Hello Randy,

I got it at Trailer Station for 5K in Shelton, WA. You can probably get it cheaper in OR......sales tax in WA is almost 10%. I haul my TLB with my Ram 1500 5.7l like it is not even there but when I haul 2 yds of gravel I wish I had a 2500 diesel.

·
Registered
527 Posts
gttgreen.gif

Welcome from Southern Maryland and fellow 1025R owner. :good2:

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
:bigthumb: nice pic of ur dump trailer and ur tractor:greentractorride: welcome from south western Pa.

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Welcome to GTT. :bigthumb:
Nice mess of stuff you have there.
:greentractorride: Enjoy the forums.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts