Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally joined after spending almost a month here browsing and researching SCUTS. I suppose I could give a bit of history. Have always enjoyed tractors as a kid. My dad is a tractor guy himself. I have spent countless hours of seat time over the years on his tractors. Farmall super a, Farmall cub, ford 2n and most recently a Yanmar 336. I picked up a new JD LA135 in 2010 after my previous mower had died. Mostly happy with it but finally decided it was time to go bigger. I had looked at getting a x5xx series to replace it until I saw the x7xx series at the dealer. Man are they nice! After looking at them and a few test drives I was dead set on the x750 or x758. That was until I started looking at prices. After browsing some more I stumbled on the 1 series and found the price difference between the x758 and the 1023e to be fairly close after adding a few things to the 758. After all the reading I did I finally purchased the 1023e/h120 loader/54d mmm/imatch hitch last week. I was planning on the ballast box as well until I realized I have enough fabrication skill to make my own for less and swapped the ballast box for the imatch. Still patiently waiting for it to arrive... I really wanted the 1025r as in the end it is much nicer for the money but after going from the x5 to the 1 series I had to draw the line somewhere.. I already spent more than I planned by a long shot lol. Well that is my book. Hope to enjoy my first "real" Deere.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,438 Posts
Welcome to GTT Wheeltrax.
I too seem to spend more than I want most times but I figure as long as they still make hotdogs and beans I'll be ok.:lol:

·
Super Moderator
5,536 Posts
Welcome to gtt!!

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
:wgtt:

Welcome from New York.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts