Green Tractor Talk banner

Hello from Wisconsin

2K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  glc 
#1 ·
Just joined. After scouring every post on this forum, I went out and picked up a 2011 1026R with 550 hours including fel and 60D mmm. All of your expertise and advice really made a difference in making a good choice. I’m replacing an X324 with mower, front electric clamshell bucket and power flow grass catcher. We’re on 6 acres with 4 mowed and 2 rough with shrubs, trees and a creek. One of my upcoming spring projects is to expand our lawn over a marshy area that borders a dry creek bed. I’ll be adding approximately 1000 yards of clean fill covering with topsoil, then seed with grass. My little clamshell bucket was better than nothing, but no comparison to the So, again, thanks everyone for all the great insight. Cheers!

#3 ·
Welcome Fuzzy!!

When do we get to see your new tractor?

#6 ·
welcome and enjoy the tractor!

#8 ·
Nice tractor Fuzzy, welcome from Central New York.

#9 ·
Welcome from Central New York!

I noticed your loader hoses are looped to the outside of the loader mast. You may want to consider routing them to the inside of the mast, looped over the mounting frame, as this will offer more protection from snags than the current configuration. There are plenty of photos of 1026Rs and 1025Rs in the SCUT forum that show the hoses routed with the inside loop.

#13 ·
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

#15 ·
Welcome from central Ohio

Black Darkness White Sky Light

Reactions: Fuzzy
#19 ·
You're "almost" next door LOL! I'm in Eagle! Welcome and great machine, you'll like it more and more each time you get on it.

#21 ·
Someone has shown that tractor a lot of love. It looks like the bucket might have been painted after every use. Don't worry about the lack of attachments, the guys here will help you decide on what to get next, but I'll get my suggestion in first. Get some sort of ballast box before attempting to move anything with the FEL, it'll save you a lot of grief and pucker moments down the line. Congrats on your new tractor, just remember to post lots of pictures.

#22 ·
That painter would be me. First thing I did was spray the bucket. I don’t plan on being anal about it, but right now it’s waiting out winter, so I wanted it to look decent. Regarding the ballast, it had a box, but the PO kept it for his new 1025R. I happen to have a very good sized granite boulder in the back. I’m going to buy some chain and wrap it like a tire, then lift with the 3pt. I don’t know the exact weight, but think it will be plenty. I did put a little time in two days ago pulling out a few ash trees I dropped. Cut down over 150 trees last year pulling them out with my Tacoma. Looking forward to Spring.

#23 ·
Welcome to GTT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.