Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to say a BIG HELLO! It has been a long time since I have posted anything on here. I have been working hard and not communicating on GTT much.

I am glad to see so many of the members I know are still on here. I still have my 1025 and working it hard around my home and our country property. You guys really helped me out on getting the most out of my 1025. :good2:

I am finally breaking down and looking at replacing a Zeter 7711 I have had for many years on our country property. Right now I am leaning towards a JD 5045E with 512 loader as the replacement. It is much smaller than the 7711 but should do what I need. $20,999 looks like a great price for a new tractor in that size range. :greentractorride:

·
Administrator
17,137 Posts
:wgtt:

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Welcome Back!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! It is good to be back on here again :cheers:

Monday I am putting in for a rebate for my old 7711 Zeter tractor. I believe the state will pay $10,000 towards a new tractor for me replacing it. That is more than I paid for the tractor years ago!

·
Registered
12,321 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,972 Posts
Welcome back

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Thanks guys! It is good to be back on here again :cheers:

Monday I am putting in for a rebate for my old 7711 Zeter tractor. I believe the state will pay $10,000 towards a new tractor for me replacing it. That is more than I paid for the tractor years ago!
Wow, what are the requirements of a tractor owner to get 10K if you trade in an older tractor ?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Wow, what are the requirements of a tractor owner to get 10K if you trade in an older tractor ?
This was through the TERP program in Texas. I am not sure about all the details. They want to get older polluting diesel equipment off the roads, farms and job sites. It must be pre 1997 or something if I remember correctly. They release a grant periodically for the program. This one was about 20 million dollars. When the money is gone you must wait for the next grant period. I missed this one by just a few hours and did not get it. The money was gone in 3 days :banghead:

Now I am trying to decide to wait on the grant again or just buy a new tractor and sell my old Zeter now

·
Registered
106 Posts
This was through the TERP program in Texas. I am not sure about all the details. They want to get older polluting diesel equipment off the roads, farms and job sites. It must be pre 1997 or something if I remember correctly. They release a grant periodically for the program. This one was about 20 million dollars. When the money is gone you must wait for the next grant period. I missed this one by just a few hours and did not get it. The money was gone in 3 days :banghead:

Now I am trying to decide to wait on the grant again or just buy a new tractor and sell my old Zeter now
Like 8 or 9 years ago the government was doing a "cash for clunkers" deal for tractors. I think the horsepower determined the rebate.
One of the requirements was the dealer had to destroy all major components. We'd drain the oil out of them fire them up jack up the throttle and wait... :munch:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts