Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hello. I just purchased a JD 2350 tractor for my ranch. We raise alpaca's and miniature donkeys. It's a small ranch in the country (5 acres) but it's plenty to care for. Wife and I are retired so this is our retirement life after working for over 45 years. Our herd is small but we have at least 3 females that have been bred and will birth next year. It's a completely different life style from our professions and we are loving it. We're animal and nature lovers so this really isn't work to us. My tractor is a 1983 (I think) 4 cyl. diesel. The engine was manufactured in France and the tractor was assembled in Germany. The engine is quite loud and hood or cover gets really hot...so hot, after running it for an hour, I feel like I need to shut it down to cool, although the temp gauge reads in the green. There is only a thin heat shield between the engine and operator station. I'm not a mechanic, so the simplest repair could be an issue for me. I'll be asking a lot of questions on the forum. Thanks!!!

·
Administrator
22,955 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
45,881 Posts
Welcome to GTT.
I am not in the know at all with these bigger tractors but by you description (being loud) you may have an exhaust leak that is making the hood hotter than normal.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
:wgtt:

Two really good suggestions so far. Don't want to do anything until you know you have a problem and the gauge is pretty easy to install.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts

Hello. I just purchased a JD 2350 tractor for my ranch. We raise alpaca's and miniature donkeys. It's a small ranch in the country (5 acres) but it's plenty to care for. Wife and I are retired so this is our retirement life after working for over 45 years. Our herd is small but we have at least 3 females that have been bred and will birth next year. It's a completely different life style from our professions and we are loving it. We're animal and nature lovers so this really isn't work to us. My tractor is a 1983 (I think) 4 cyl. diesel. The engine was manufactured in France and the tractor was assembled in Germany. The engine is quite loud and hood or cover gets really hot...so hot, after running it for an hour, I feel like I need to shut it down to cool, although the temp gauge reads in the green. There is only a thin heat shield between the engine and operator station. I'm not a mechanic, so the simplest repair could be an issue for me. I'll be asking a lot of questions on the forum. Thanks!!!

Welcome aboard... lots of good folks here with good info to share. Although you have already gotten a couple of excellent suggestions, I'll give you a very different one...

Post up your issue as a new thread so that folks see it that way. Choose an appropriate title (something like "Is my 2350 running too hot?" or similar) and you'll get more pointed responses from folks that are more familiar with your model.

Happy Tractoring!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
45,881 Posts

Welcome aboard... lots of good folks here with good info to share. Although you have already gotten a couple of excellent suggestions, I'll give you a very different one...

Post up your issue as a new thread so that folks see it that way. Choose an appropriate title (something like "Is my 2350 running too hot?" or similar) and you'll get more pointed responses from folks that are more familiar with your model.

Happy Tractoring!
Better yet maybe Big Ken can move it, I could.:laugh:

·
Administrator
22,424 Posts
Welcome to GTT!

I moved your post to the utility tractor section so we can get your possible issue sorted out. :hi: I also changed the title to let some of our resident tractor experts know you might need a hand.:good2:

·
Premium Member
10,204 Posts
Welcome to GTT.
I am not in the know at all with these bigger tractors but by you description (being loud) you may have an exhaust leak that is making the hood hotter than normal.
Welcome! Gizmo may be on to something. Can you see any black soot along the exhaust system under the hood?

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
I have a hunch the muffler is rusted out. Hard to say without hearing or seeing the tractor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.