Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hello. I just purchased a JD 2350 tractor for my ranch. We raise alpaca's and miniature donkeys. It's a small ranch in the country (5 acres) but it's plenty to care for. Wife and I are retired so this is our retirement life after working for over 45 years. Our herd is small but we have at least 3 females that have been bred and will birth next year. It's a completely different life style from our professions and we are loving it. We're animal and nature lovers so this really isn't work to us. My tractor is a 1983 (I think) 4 cyl. diesel. The engine was manufactured in France and the tractor was assembled in Germany. The engine is quite loud and hood or cover gets really hot...so hot, after running it for an hour, I feel like I need to shut it down to cool, although the temp gauge reads in the green. There is only a thin heat shield between the engine and operator station. I'm not a mechanic, so the simplest repair could be an issue for me. I'll be asking a lot of questions on the forum. Thanks!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.