Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I am new to your forum. Thank you for all of the great information so far. I have been reading constantly for the past few days. Should’ve looked you guys up long ago.

I am strongly contimplating moving up to a 1025R with a Mauser cab. I test drove a friend’s 1025R and was very impressed. I am looking for some advice on what to do with my current GT. I will get a quote from the dealer on a trade but I would like to go into that conversation with some better knowledge. Trading would be the easiest by far but in my limited research so far it seems that low hour X749 Diesel tractors may sell pretty well on the used market. The X749 tractor price is much easier to estimate a value compared to the accessories I have. I haven’t ever traded in a JD or sold one. When I purchased this setup I had an older SST16 mower that wasn’t worth much on a trade-in so I gave it to my brother-in-law. It is still going strong today! I am curious what many of you have done when changing tractors. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My current setup is as follows:
2011 X749 with 198 hours on it. All maintenance done by my local JD Dealer. Stored in my heated garage at all times. I am the only owner.
CozyCab with heater (radiator heat) and work lights.
62 inch JD mower deck with mulch kit (62C)
54 inch JD Snowblower with cable actuated spout height control and front quick hitch (54SB)
Rear weight bracket with 6 rear weights (#45 pounds each I think) and receiver hitch

Thank you in advance!

·
Super Moderator
5,542 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Premium Member
1,801 Posts
Hello all,
I am new to your forum. Thank you for all of the great information so far. I have been reading constantly for the past few days. Should’ve looked you guys up long ago.

I am strongly contimplating moving up to a 1025R with a Mauser cab. I test drove a friend’s 1025R and was very impressed. I am looking for some advice on what to do with my current GT. I will get a quote from the dealer on a trade but I would like to go into that conversation with some better knowledge. Trading would be the easiest by far but in my limited research so far it seems that low hour X749 Diesel tractors may sell pretty well on the used market. The X749 tractor price is much easier to estimate a value compared to the accessories I have. I haven’t ever traded in a JD or sold one. When I purchased this setup I had an older SST16 mower that wasn’t worth much on a trade-in so I gave it to my brother-in-law. It is still going strong today! I am curious what many of you have done when changing tractors. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My current setup is as follows:
2011 X749 with 198 hours on it. All maintenance done by my local JD Dealer. Stored in my heated garage at all times. I am the only owner.
CozyCab with heater (radiator heat) and work lights.
62 inch JD mower deck with mulch kit (62C)
54 inch JD Snowblower with cable actuated spout height control and front quick hitch (54SB)
Rear weight bracket with 6 rear weights (#45 pounds each I think) and receiver hitch

Thank you in advance!
If You Can swing it Keep the X749 along with the New 1 series Just sell the Cab for the X749

I have Both a 2018 2025R and a 2012 X748 I had a 2017 1025RTLB along with the X748 In 2017.
If Your Like the Mowing Performance of the X749. You will not Like the Mowing Performance of the 1025R as it has a Much greater turning radius .

So if You can't swing it and want to trade I would Just trade In the X749, mowing deck, Cab and weight bracket and Keep everything else(blower, Quick Hitch and weights)

You don't need to trade your quick hitch or 54inch Blower They will work On the 1 series Just fine. You will only need a new Drive shaft for the Blower itself and a Bracket(which is needed for the New Front to Mid PTO shaft anyways ) and a Hydraulic Hose extension Kit to attach the quick Hitch.

What is Your Plan for the 1025R?

Keep In Mind if You want a Backhoe the Mauser Cab is Not compatible with it The Cab would need to be removed to use the Backhoe.

I would say Order a Loader with it You will find a lot of Use for it. Seen 1 or 2 People Here Not order the Loader and see them Ordering it Later and regretting the fact they didn't order a Loader In the first place.

BTW :greentractorride: Welcome to the Forum:bigthumb:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Keep something in mind if you do trade, you can save considerable amount of cash on Sales tax you pay for new unit. If area you live in has say 7% sales tax and you got say 8k in trade that would save you almost 560 bucks on sales tax on your new 1 series tractor. So first step is to see what dealer will give you for a trade. If dealer is in ballpark, it’s always easier to go thru dealer than have the hassle of selling it yourself. The more expensive a used unit it, generally speaking the harder it is to sell. So when making your final decision to trade or sell yourself, don’t forget the “hassle” factor. Having said that some dealers are better than others when it comes to trades

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
If nothing else keep the blower,the older one are built better also the quick hitch and weights,you can use it on the 1025r.The weights alone are 20-30 dollars more now then when you bought it.
I've seen many times at dealers that attachments just sit and the tractor sells.You really don't get much for them on trade anyway.

·
Premium Member
7,716 Posts
Keep something in mind if you do trade, you can save considerable amount of cash on Sales tax you pay for new unit. If area you live in has say 7% sales tax and you got say 8k in trade that would save you almost 560 bucks on sales tax on your new 1 series tractor. So first step is to see what dealer will give you for a trade. If dealer is in ballpark, it’s always easier to go thru dealer than have the hassle of selling it yourself. The more expensive a used unit it, generally speaking the harder it is to sell. So when making your final decision to trade or sell yourself, don’t forget the “hassle” factor. Having said that some dealers are better than others when it comes to trades
That must be for your state. Total price, before trade, (where I live) is charged sales tax.

·
Premium Member
7,716 Posts
A 200hour diesel JD should be an easy sell for more than the dealer will pay in trade. :greentractorride:

·
Premium Member
14,741 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

:wgtt:

·
Super Moderator
8,052 Posts
:gtfam:

You've received some good advice so far. As was mentioned your 54 Snowblower and 42# weights are compatible with a new 1 Series. Unfortunately I don't believe the front quick hitch is.

Here's some additional compatibility information: Used John Deere 47" & 54" Snow Blower Buying Guide

·
Registered
4,459 Posts

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Anyone else is salivating at the X749?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
If you want an AWS that's the one to get.Don't think he really knows what he's got and what it's worth.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts