Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am brand new to the forum and how to use it for information but I am also new to John Deere. Any kind words or advice on posting and/or my tractor would be greatly appreciated!

I just bought a X750 and should have it delivered the first of next week.So excited!! This was a Huge step up from what I had before (Cub Cadet 1040i) and I hope an pray it is worth it. (for my marriages sake! HA HA) I just cut down around 30 tress to add more grass and needed to upgrade for that and was tired of throwing belts, etc... I had no idea these things are so expensive but I wanted a large machine because I am a big guy (6'6") and wanted a few bells and whistles. I walked in prepared to spend a few grand but boy was I in for a surprise!!

I wanted a small tractor, shaft driven that I could pull a box blade, tiller, and mow with. Mowing being the most important. So I went with the X7 Series. I did not want to go with the 1 series because that seemed to be a tractor that could mow and I wanted a mower that could occasionally pull an implement. My dealer said get a machine that is very good at the main job and the rest is icing on the cake. I added the quick connect option, 3 point hitch, PTO, 60" deck with mulch control, large brush guard. At the last minute I switch to a diesel. I hope it is worth the extra grand..

I guess I am looking for any dos or don'ts, what to avoid,etc... just anything in general to help me take care of this awesome machine.. LOL especially since I have never owned a Deere before. My wife said I had lost every sensible bone in my body spending that much on what she calls a "mower" but I see this as an investment in our future property maintenance program!! :good2:

·
Premium Member
14,760 Posts
Welcome from West Virginia

:wgtt:

Should do fine for you. But since you went with the diesel could have had a 1023 for just a few pennies more and easier to find to attachments, just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
87 Posts
:congrats:AND :wgtt:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,518 Posts
My wife said I had lost every sensible bone in my body spending that much on what she calls a "mower" but I see this as an investment in our future property maintenance program!! :good2:
Pretty much the same for most members here. :lol:
FWIW we are all still learning, hence GTT.
Welcome to GTT and good luck with your new,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, (mower :lol:).

·
Registered
178 Posts
JDx750,

Welcome to GTT and CONGRATS on your new BEAST!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Should do fine for you. But since you went with the diesel could have had a 1023 for just a few pennies more and easier to find to attachments, just my 2 cents.

You are right about that, after all the add ons, I was a few dollars away from a 1025r with the deck but that is to much machine than what I needed. I am just a home owner with no farm land or barn.. :):thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
14,760 Posts
You are right about that, after all the add ons, I was a few dollars away from a 1025r with the deck but that is to much machine than what I needed. I am just a home owner with no farm land or barn.. :):thumbup1gif:
Enjoy .

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Welcome,first off you made a great choice.I was kicking around the idea of the one series but the extra weight and rops steered me to the x series. I found a low hour x595 diesel and love it.Take care of you tractor and it will last you a long time.I have a 98 345 I bought new and the 02 x595 was hardly broke in with 618 hr.You'll be glad you got the diesel I was not sure about it but once you mow tall heavy grass the diesel just walks right through.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
:gizmo: :congrats: :gtfam:
Enjoy your purchase and be prepared to do projects for the wifey !!! Once they get past the sticker shock they seem to find value in the things that they can come up with for your tractor to do . You just say Yes Dear . If you have any struggles , this forum is the place to get a helping hand or at least a little sympathy . :cheers:

·
Super Moderator
8,056 Posts
Welcome aboard and enjoy your new :greentractorride: :congrats:

:gtfam:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts
:wgtt: and Congrats on the...equipment! :laugh:
Two things: 1- You said you're getting a tiller so you will need weights for the front.
2- We need pics when you get your... equipment.
Toys just doesn't sound right and mower never fits for what you're getting. :nunu: :laugh:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome,first off you made a great choice.I was kicking around the idea of the one series but the extra weight and rops steered me to the x series. I found a low hour x595 diesel and love it.Take care of you tractor and it will last you a long time.I have a 98 345 I bought new and the 02 x595 was hardly broke in with 618 hr.You'll be glad you got the diesel I was not sure about it but once you mow tall heavy grass the diesel just walks right through.
That is why I went with the diesel plus I read on this forum better gas consumption and life. Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:gizmo: :congrats: :gtfam:
Enjoy your purchase and be prepared to do projects for the wifey !!! Once they get past the sticker shock they seem to find value in the things that they can come up with for your tractor to do . You just say Yes Dear . If you have any struggles , this forum is the place to get a helping hand or at least a little sympathy . :cheers:
That was my goal and how I sold it to the bride!! It return the investment over time with her "honey do list"!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:wgtt: and Congrats on the...equipment! :laugh:
Two things: 1- You said you're getting a tiller so you will need weights for the front.
2- We need pics when you get your... equipment.
Toys just doesn't sound right and mower never fits for what you're getting. :nunu: :laugh:
Will do as soon as I get it! Should be Monday or Tuesday... Thanks for the advice on the weights... Learning as I go!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hello, I am brand new to the forum and how to use it for information but I am also new to John Deere. Any kind words or advice on posting and/or my tractor would be greatly appreciated!

I just bought a X750 and should have it delivered the first of next week.So excited!! This was a Huge step up from what I had before (Cub Cadet 1040i) and I hope an pray it is worth it. (for my marriages sake! HA HA) I just cut down around 30 tress to add more grass and needed to upgrade for that and was tired of throwing belts, etc... I had no idea these things are so expensive but I wanted a large machine because I am a big guy (6'6") and wanted a few bells and whistles. I walked in prepared to spend a few grand but boy was I in for a surprise!!

I wanted a small tractor, shaft driven that I could pull a box blade, tiller, and mow with. Mowing being the most important. So I went with the X7 Series. I did not want to go with the 1 series because that seemed to be a tractor that could mow and I wanted a mower that could occasionally pull an implement. My dealer said get a machine that is very good at the main job and the rest is icing on the cake. I added the quick connect option, 3 point hitch, PTO, 60" deck with mulch control, large brush guard. At the last minute I switch to a diesel. I hope it is worth the extra grand..

I guess I am looking for any dos or don'ts, what to avoid,etc... just anything in general to help me take care of this awesome machine.. LOL especially since I have never owned a Deere before. My wife said I had lost every sensible bone in my body spending that much on what she calls a "mower" but I see this as an investment in our future property maintenance program!! :good2:
Welcome from Smithfield, VA. Home of the bacon! I just got me a 15 x750 as well, I love it so far and have a few mods I want to do that may interest ya. But how bout some pics of the new ride!?!?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
132 Posts

When it came down if the loader was out of the equation they were all round the same, the x750 actually came in cheaper

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 35 Posts