Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Welcome.

I like the John Deere ballast box.

Heavy Hitch has some nice options for suite case weights.

Frontier now has lite weight pallet forks for the 1 series.

Artillian has lite weight forks also.

·
Administrator
20,303 Posts
Norton,
:wgtt:

There’s so much reading for you to do! Check out the SCUT forum and even more importantly, check out the implements and attachments forum. There’s so many threads and good information on what you asked. :good2:

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Welcome from New York!

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,189 Posts

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
I purchased a 1025R with a 60" deck and 120R loader today, should get it next week.
Im looking for some ballast ideas and pallot forks so if anybody has some good ideas i would appreciate it.
I doubt you even know who Jackie Gleason was..........Norton was his neighbor.

Welcome to GTT.

As DieselShadow commented, there are HOURS of very focused reading on the topics you inquired about. Personally, I don't have and likely never will own a ballast box because they are too single purpose for my needs. They occupy the 3 point hitch and while performing a very concentrated source of ballast, they don't allow other functions such as carrying things you need, etc.

I use a 3 point carry all which I built to carry my ballast much of the time. It's ideal for snow plowing as it also permits me to carry a walk behind snow blower, 500 pounds of snow melt, shovels, snow melt material spreader and so much more.

Once you get your tractor, you will think of ways to use it that you can't even imagine. It's helpful to always perform an advanced search on the topic of interest as every new tractor owner often raises the same question so there are usually multiple threads already covering the topic. The advanced search is in the upper right of the screen on computer use of GTT. I have no idea on smart phones as I never access GTT via my phone.

Welcome to GTT, you will find a wealth of knowledge and very helpful, respectful people.......We are glad you are here.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts

Welcome from New York.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,463 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
553 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,888 Posts
Welcome aboard from Massachusetts!

:congrats::greentractorride::usa:good2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome.

I like the John Deere ballast box.

Heavy Hitch has some nice options for suite case weights.

Frontier now has lite weight pallet forks for the 1 series.

Artillian has lite weight forks also.
Thanks Chris,

I'm going to look at the Frontier pallet forks since my dealer sells those.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I doubt you even know who Jackie Gleason was..........Norton was his neighbor.

Welcome to GTT.

As DieselShadow commented, there are HOURS of very focused reading on the topics you inquired about. Personally, I don't have and likely never will own a ballast box because they are too single purpose for my needs. They occupy the 3 point hitch and while performing a very concentrated source of ballast, they don't allow other functions such as carrying things you need, etc.

I use a 3 point carry all which I built to carry my ballast much of the time. It's ideal for snow plowing as it also permits me to carry a walk behind snow blower, 500 pounds of snow melt, shovels, snow melt material spreader and so much more.

Once you get your tractor, you will think of ways to use it that you can't even imagine. It's helpful to always perform an advanced search on the topic of interest as every new tractor owner often raises the same question so there are usually multiple threads already covering the topic. The advanced search is in the upper right of the screen on computer use of GTT. I have no idea on smart phones as I never access GTT via my phone.

Welcome to GTT, you will find a wealth of knowledge and very helpful, respectful people.......We are glad you are here.

I have Art Carney to thank for being called Norton since i was very young, really as long as I can remember my uncles would say "Hey Norton" lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks all for your replies,

I have 3.5 acres of grass, oak trees and a lot of leaves with a gravel drive way to maintain. So I'm really excited to get the 1025r, it should be perfect for the job.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts