Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope I got someones attention....Anyway, I am the new owner of a of an older (old) 570 JD skid steer and I need some info. Does anyone know where I can get some assistance or maybe, hopefully someone here can help me...Thx....

·
Administrator
17,135 Posts
:wgtt:

What do you need help with?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jd 570

Thank you KD for the comeback. Well, I knew the problem when this unit was given to me. The problem being, that one can see daylite thru the engine block.
So, I am looking for an engine that can be made to run or a replacement unit by whatever name.
The only info that I was able to find, on the engine, is that it is a 2 cyl., water cooled Continental. I have never seen one like it b4, nor can I find info on it. Any help would be so muchly appreciated

·
Administrator
20,310 Posts
Thank you KD for the comeback. Well, I knew the problem when this unit was given to me. The problem being, that one can see daylite thru the engine block.
So, I am looking for an engine that can be made to run or a replacement unit by whatever name.
The only info that I was able to find, on the engine, is that it is a 2 cyl., water cooled Continental. I have never seen one like it b4, nor can I find info on it. Any help would be so muchly appreciated
I did a fairly quick Google search and found a repowered 570 that was listed on eBay. They used a 3 cylinder Kubota engine. The pictures within that listing may be helpful in doing something similar yourself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a whole big bunch, guys. As much as it would be ideal to get hold of another orig. engine, if I have to refit, it's something to look into .
Thx again...:canada

1 - 5 of 5 Posts