Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I'm a new member who wants a tractor...I think I'm starting a new obsession!:greentractorride:

Anyhow, we've moved to a rural location and a new house on about 4 acres of land to tend. About 1 to 1 1/2 of those acres is in a flood zone so will only need to be mowed periodically. With the other I'm planning to put in a yard and garden plot. So I'm looking at tractors. At first I was thinking the whole subcompact category was more toy than a tractor BUT the more research I've done, the more my attitude has changed. So now I'm considering the 1025R/1026R with a bucket and mower to handle the landscaping we need to do, put in a yard, make a gravel patio, etc.

So I basically have two questions for those of you with real experience.
1) Is the subcompact tractor a good choice to handle the maintenance you might expect with 4 acres?
2) I'm seeing a lot of these small tractors for sale with anywhere from 40 to 500 hours on them. I familiar with enough tractors that I routinely see 1940's era equipment for sale. Should I worry about the number of hours on one of the small tractors? I'd probably never buy a lawn mower with that number of hours on it, but then this isn't a mower?

I appreciate any feedback and insights you all have to offer.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,463 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
12,300 Posts
:wgtt:

·
Registered
618 Posts
1025r would be a great choice for you. If you have the budget, Deere will sell you a brand new one with 0% interest and a warranty. :good2:

·
Administrator
20,304 Posts

I would suggest reading the “what did you do with your SCUT today?” thread. You’ll see all kinds of projects and capabilities of these machines. :good2:

·
Registered
4,240 Posts

Welcome from New York.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Welcome from New York!

·
Premium Member
13,969 Posts