Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1025r is 3 hrs past the 50 hr service the oil was all clean the strainer had a few things but not alot today I used it it worked fine till lunch time and when i went back out I noticed that the 3pt hitch would jump in the up position and wouldn't stop until I tightened (-) the drop speed knob. So if any one can help I don't really want to send it in

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Check that the linkage hasn't come loose. Mine did, the result was that the 3pt would not hold position - the lever kept falling. Might be a related issue.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Check that the linkage hasn't come loose. Mine did, the result was that the 3pt would not hold position - the lever kept falling. Might be a related issue.
the selector lever is not falling.... the 3piont hitch keeps "trying" to hold position, so it jumps up and down... If I close the speed control valve all the way it will stay up... I am thinking that it is a problem in the control valve....

I checked the feedback linkage it seems to be as it came from the dealer.. both nuts are tight no play..

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've had to adjust the feedback linkage on mine before, I don't have a serivce manual, so I'll let and expert chime in on the proper procedure, but this is what I did.. I pushed on the feedback linkage in both directions and the pulsing stopped when I pushed it toward the tractor, if it stops pulsing (as mine did) adjust linkage in that direction.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I've had to adjust the feedback linkage on mine before, I don't have a serivce manual, so I'll let and expert chime in on the proper procedure, but this is what I did.. I pushed on the feedback linkage in both directions and the pulsing stopped when I pushed it toward the tractor, if it stops pulsing (as mine did) adjust linkage in that direction.
I would like to know how this is done to make the adjustment. Mine just started doing this about a month ago and is irritaing, specially at higher speeds.

·
Registered
583 Posts
My 1026R only did that one time. Went to gargage to start it up, then 3pt. started pulsing up and down real fast. Shut it off, let it sit for awhile, then fired it back up, never did it again. Seems I remember reading several posts about others doing this.

·
Registered
24 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts