Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a new 1025r with an auto-connect mower deck. Since delivery, the deck has been difficult to install and remove. The dealer said to expect it to be a bit "sticky" as all components are new. Yesterday I connected the mower on a level part of my front yard and with mower seemingly locked into place I raised the deck and drove a few feet before noticing the deck was pitched way down at the leading edge. I stopped and realized I had torn a several foot long divot in the grass. I looked under the mower and realized the deck was not connected to the carrier bearing. I lowered and removed the deck and looked under the tractor to find that the bearing is turned upward (almost 90 degrees from perpendicular to the ground). Photos are below (set at "Install" and in the down position). I am unable to rotate the bearing into the proper position down; any attempt simply pushes the arms upward. Also, the adjustment bolt does not change the attitude. What can I do about this? ANY help is appreciated!

Bearing1.JPG
bearing 4.jpg

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Sounds to me like the PTO shaft is not sliding like it should. Make sure you have it greased up, then work the shaft by hand to get to expand and contract.

Reactions: Scorch130 and ErikR

·
Registered
747 Posts
ilmo is correct i'm betting.... It looks like the drive shaft is stuck. Reach under and pull the bearing/coupler assembly down. Be sure to lube all 3 grease fittings on the shaft. It should slide up and down (in and out) nicely.
Also, the receiving end of the coupler looks a bit dry. Be sure to lube the splines on the mower gear box too.

Reactions: MadOx and Scorch130

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Much appreciated

Sounds to me like the PTO shaft is not sliding like it should. Make sure you have it greased up, then work the shaft by hand to get to expand and contract.
I will get a grease gun and try this... I guess I should have bought one by now anyway!

·
Registered
7 Posts
ilmo is correct i'm betting.... It looks like the drive shaft is stuck. Reach under and pull the bearing/coupler assembly down. Be sure to lube all 3 grease fittings on the shaft. It should slide up and down (in and out) nicely.
Also, the receiving end of the coupler looks a bit dry. Be sure to lube the splines on the mower gear box too.
For sure the drive shaft is stuck this happen to me!!!!
There was Something causing my driveshaft not to extend and it did the same thing as what you have pictured it is most likely a burr or dirt in the shaft....
(((((Easy fix)))))

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Firefighter. You were all right. Once I greased the snot out of the PTO shaft and exerted enough force to extend it, I was able to get everything in the correct position.

Thanks to all of you!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts