Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Brand new 1025R owner here with loader, backhoe and 54D mower deck. Had no issues removing backhoe, but am clueless as to how to remove the mower deck and no manual came with it. I have seen dozens of easy removal videos on youtube - all with a different set-up. There is no spring loaded rear bar to flip on mine!?!? Any advice out there as to how to remove this set-up?

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
So deck set to mounting position, mower in 4wd, level surface, gage wheels all the way up, looks like you pull those pins on back of deck and move those levers, then back out of deck . . . . not completely sure about drive shaft though if it needs to be disengaged somehow.

On mine, I do the above but I have the lever bar. Easy peasy.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts

raise deck wheels all the way up.
Turn deck height knob to install position
drop deck all the way to the floor.
bump tractor in forward to take pressure of the latch.
Rotate that silver bracket in the picture. One on both sides
Reverse tractor in 4x4 low until disconnected

·
Premium Member
20,454 Posts
Just wondering ,,about no manual,, have you raised the hood.. Sometimes manual is back on firewall.

·
Premium Member
17,425 Posts
Just wondering ,,about no manual,, have you raised the hood.. Sometimes manual is back on firewall.
The Operator's Manuals are also available on-line. You can view on-line or download PDF copies for free.

·
Registered
400 Posts
You might have to wiggle the deck a little to flip the latches. I have to depending on where I drop the deck because I don't have too many level areas. First couple times took me a minute to get the deck off but now it's a very easy process. You might be better off looking for 2025R with 54d mower removal videos to help as this is the same deck that tractor has had for a few years, but it's very new to the 1025R.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Jimmy Walker has the correct method. Sometimes I have to give my deck a yank to get the silver colored latches to flip.

You may already know this but there is a giant cotter type pin that shows up on your 3rd picture, one on each side. Your picture shows them in the storage position. When the decks goes back on they go in the hole closer to the silver latches, this keeps them from flipping by accident.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,567 Posts
If its a brand new tractor tell the dealer you want the manuals. I got a whole pile with mine.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
That seems very odd you didn't get the manuals. When I bought mine I got a manual for each attachment I got. They put in nice big plastic zip lock type bag along with all my others papers that went along with it. Then when it was delivered they demonstrated how to attach & detach loader & mower deck then watch me do it to make sure I was doing right. Seems odd your dealer didn't do that with you.

Reactions: BWV

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
I added a couple of Tractor Supply rubber mats to drop the mower on for off load. Ended all of my sliding issues.

One other item on mine, I have the independent lift but if I do not put the 3pt hitch down past 1/2 way it hangs everything up and the mower doesn’t go all of the way to the floor Even though deck height is set in correct position to remove deck.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I had a heck of a time getting the deck off my x758 and then my 1025R especially when new - do everything in sequence and most importantly remove it on grass/dirt/something that will grip the deck. I like the stall mat idea. If you do it on a smooth concrete or wooden shed floor it’s just going to slide and not disengage

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
What Jimmy Walker Said above. you have one silver lock in the correct position but not the other one. My 54 inch mower just came in. When I picked it up it came with a manual....BUT none of the pictures match what I have. I think it is for the previous 54 inch deck. I am curous if an accurate manual is even available.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I too had d3ct install and remove issues till I got the stall mat.
Now easy peasy.
The deck stays glued to the mat when lowered making R&R of the deck easy.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
What Jimmy Walker Said above. you have one silver lock in the correct position but not the other one. My 54 inch mower just came in. When I picked it up it came with a manual....BUT none of the pictures match what I have. I think it is for the previous 54 inch deck. I am curous if an accurate manual is even available.
See post #5...the correct manual MAY be online.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
... am clueless as to how to remove the mower deck and no manual came with it....
Shame on your dealer...

The method Jimmy Walker shared is dead on.

Maybe give your dealer a call, talk to your salesman first, and if he doesn't know, ask for the service manager, remind them that they forgot to provide your manuals, and at the same time ask them when the new owner training will be provided (politely).

Maybe they really did forget your manuals, and also just assumed you already knew the stuff you needed to know... asking nicely might get you some help and your manuals.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
One other question assumed you checked the msnual box on the back of the seat?

My dealer gave me my stack when I went to see the rig before they put on mower deck etc. I don’t have the manual box since I have a cab.

Reactions: DRobinson

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,567 Posts
The 1025R doesn't come with the bin on the seat and longer.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I had a heck of a time getting the deck off my x758 and then my 1025R especially when new - do everything in sequence and most importantly remove it on grass/dirt/something that will grip the deck. I like the stall mat idea. If you do it on a smooth concrete or wooden shed floor it’s just going to slide and not disengage
The mat helps. The other thing I do is put 2 short pieces of scrap lumber (2x6, etc) flat on the ground right in front of the mower deck (each side where the wheels will 'climb' up the deck). This reduces the height the tractor wheels have to overcome to get on top of the deck which helps minimize the tendency to push the deck around. I do the same on the other side so it's a softer landing for the front end when coming down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks to all who responded. I only received manuals for the tractor and the loader - not backhoe or mower deck. I will follow up with United Ag & Turf on that. I was going to do the recommended approach, but figured, it couldn't be that easy. It was. I can now use it for some snow removal and looking next for a box blade to level about an acre for a lawn in the spring. I am really impressed by both the speed and volume of responses. Thanks to all.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts