Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I’m currently deciding between two used tractors: a 2015 2025r with a mower and a 2016 3032e, those are actually the only options available in the area. Compact tractors are not very popular where I live in.

I have a landscape architecture company and this machine will be used in small yards most of the time, we need to move trees, soil, stones (gravel and larger decorative stones), ground leveling, grass removal, drenajes, etc. I wont be used for mowing so that wont be factor to consider. I’ve looked at many videos as there si no way to test it with their front loader but haven’t seen any video comparing this two side by side.

Looking at the specs I see no big difference so I would love to hear opinions from owners of this tractor sizes, any advice you could give?

Thanks a lot!!

PD 3032e price is like 25% higher than the 2025r

·
Registered
555 Posts
Obviously, the 3032e will give you more pushing, pulling, and lifting power (3PH) as well as more PTO power. IMO, the 3 series is heavier and therefor able to run 6ft implements whereas the 2025R is limited to 5ft stuff. You may not want the extra foot due to limiting access to tight spaces though. The 3 will pull the 5 footers with a lot more authority if they cover the wheel tracks. The 2025R will be more nimble. Loader capacity is not all that much improved on the 3032E, as a matter of fact, if you have the 6 foot bucket, it doesn't have enough lifting or breakout force. Probably ok with a 5 footer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Obviously, the 3032e will give you more pushing, pulling, and lifting power (3PH) as well as more PTO power. IMO, the 3 series is heavier and therefor able to run 6ft implements whereas the 2025R is limited to 5ft stuff. You may not want the extra foot due to limiting access to tight spaces though. The 3 will pull the 5 footers with a lot more authority if they cover the wheel tracks. The 2025R will be more nimble. Loader capacity is not all that much improved on the 3032E, as a matter of fact, if you have the 6 foot bucket, it doesn't have enough lifting or breakout force. Probably ok with a 5 footer.
If im only using 5ft attachments, is the 2025r good enought ? Or is the 3032e still a better option

·
Registered
555 Posts
If im only using 5ft attachments, is the 2025r good enought ? Or is the 3032e still a better option
The question mostly comes down to maneuverability. The 2 will be narrower, shorter in length, and not as tall. The 3PH won’t lift as much or as high. It’s lighter and therefore will have less ground engagement. If you’re staying with 5’ equipment, the 3 will do a better job with more power and weight. Is it maneuverable enough?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
If I am not mistaken..the 2025R has a Cat 1 limited hitch and the 3032E has a Cat 1. Difference being the lift height.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
The 2025r that you are looking at is a gen 1 which I believe has a Cat 1 3 point with normal lifting height, not the limited cat 1 of the 2018+ gen 2 2025Rs. I would think that the 2025r would be a better fit for small yards.

Reactions: MTB98 and farmer52

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
I would say the 2025R. The extra power of the 3032E would have it's benefits, but the price and what you described as the use, the 2025R would be up to the task.
Any plans to run other hydraulic implements?

·
Premium Member
13,350 Posts
Drive both machines and see what you think. See if you like the operator station, the visibility of the bucket and leading edge and with pallet forks if possible as that can be an issue to see the forks when using them.

The right machine isn't always about the "specifications" and often operator input is important.

Do you have to trailer the machines to get to the jobs? Do you have the right equipment to haul either of these machines?

Do you have enough crew and work that maybe you could use BOTH machines?

·
Registered
863 Posts
The newer 2025Rs apparently use the rather awful H120 loader that was on the lemony 1025R I had for nearly 2 years. If the 3032 has the H130 loader, that would be a plus. The H130 on the older 2025Rs is a "goof proof" one like the one I had on the 4010. The H120 felt like it wanted to dump the load at times. Would never trust it in loading my pickup from the side.

Another plus for the 3032 would if if they have turning brakes on it. They eliminated them on the newer 2025Rs. These are needed in snow/ice. and helpful in other conditions at rare times.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,940 Posts
The current 2025R uses the 120R loader.

Reactions: scooterman

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,940 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I'm guessing that the 2320 we had at a farm I used to work for had the h120 loader and it was a great loader, the controls were very nice. That tractor is the reason I bought my ’20 2025R, I wanted a John Deere compact tractor ever since.

·
Registered
2017 3032e ,D160 fel, box blade, bush hog pallet forks,
105 Posts
It sounds like you will be using the loader and limited 3pt the most. I would consider the the 2 series R. As much as I like my 3032e it doesn't have the ability to use a grapple without a trip to the shop for an add on control. In landscape that would be a big plus. Yesterday I removed a stand of wild tangerine sucker trees so I am loading them into the bucket to get them to the brush pile. Think of them as very big shrubs.

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
2,451 Posts
It sounds like you will be using the loader and limited 3pt the most. I would consider the the 2 series R. As much as I like my 3032e it doesn't have the ability to use a grapple without a trip to the shop for an add on control. In landscape that would be a big plus. Yesterday I removed a stand of wild tangerine sucker trees so I am loading them into the bucket to get them to the brush pile. Think of them as very big shrubs.
Both models require the addition of a third function to utilize a grapple.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
One thing to consider would be the loader for the 3032e, isn't it a permanent mount instead of the quick attach like the 120R loader that the 2025R uses? Being able to remove the loader when it would be in the way or a weight hindrance is a big plus. I use a 2520 for landscape work, uses the CX200 loader which is basically the same as the 120R. The 2520 is one generation back from the 2025R, and is a little larger, but not significantly like the 3 series would be. I find my tractor to be almost ideal for landscaping; has enough power to do pretty much anything we need it for. I use it to spray and fertilize large areas, do loader work, which includes lifting stones around 600-700 pounds for hardscapes and steps, tilling, some stump removal, mainly limited to large shrubs or smaller trees. If you have choices, I'd look for a 2720, which are still fairly new (2012 the last year). It's the same size as the 2520 but has 30 hp. The newer 1st gen.2032R is basically the same machine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts