Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ken, I’m going to order one of your pressure testing gauges for my 2038R. Do you happen to know what size coupler I need? Thanks, buddy.

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts
Do you have the single point? Or are you checking from the rear SCV?

I am 99% sure the rear SCV couplers are 1/2" ISO 5675 "AG" style, it you can get me any numbers off of them I can confirm.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Do you have the single point? Or are you checking from the rear SCV?

I am 99% sure the rear SCV couplers are 1/2" ISO 5675 "AG" style, it you can get me any numbers off of them I can confirm.
Yes they did go to the ISO on these like the larger tractors instead of the JD tapered style. Mine are marked PIONEER 8010-4 and are 1/2 NPT for the hose.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. So, I can use the gauge on the rear quick connects? I watched the video of you using the loader svc. Would it matter which rear I used? I’m assuming I would just plug it in and hit the lever?

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts
Yes they did go to the ISO on these like the larger tractors instead of the JD tapered style. Mine are marked PIONEER 8010-4 and are 1/2 NPT for the hose.
Glenn, what are those for? That appear to have balls whereas JD and most other OEM’s have all gone it using the poppet style. While technically you can interchange, I’ve seen a few issues doing it.

Thanks for the numbers, that confirms they are 1/2” ISO 5675 “AG” style.

:thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts
Thanks guys. So, I can use the gauge on the rear quick connects? I watched the video of you using the loader svc. Would it matter which rear I used? I’m assuming I would just plug it in and hit the lever?
Testing from the rear remote will net the same results, doesn’t matter which one you use.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pretty sure mine are half inch on the back also. Looks like the loader quick connects are smaller. Trying to figure out which ports would be the most convenient to test from. Might be closer to the loader control stick using the loader valves than the rear valve lever standing behind the machine.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Herm, do you know what size our loader quick connects are? I can’t get to my tractor right now.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
2038R hydraulics couplings front & rear

Herm, do you know what size our loader quick connects are? I can’t get to my tractor right now.
I do. They are a pioneer 4010-2P

I learned something from Kenny today. The larger style I have for the rear has the ball in the end. I put a photo of it below. It should really be a poppet type as the smaller one in the photo has. The reasoning is if you look in the female coupler it has a flat poppet as well. Flat to flat no wear. Flat to ball can cause divots in the ball eventually as the ball rotates. Disconnected the male end may leak if the ball rotates and the divot is on the seal, or off the seal I should say. It will not leak connected.

The one with the ball actually came from the dealer:dunno: and I know the ones at farm and fleet have the ball. I think it depends on manufacturer or what the store stocks as to if they are poppet or ball. I know both work and I am not going to change a bunch of these but in the future I might go to the poppet style but I need to look in the newer Big Deere’s the Old IH and the bobcat to see what the female is. I would rather wear out the male than the female on those and have those leak at some point.

That all being said I would rather check it off the rear. The rear svc’s are close to the seat and you can run the throttle, pull the lever and rear the gauge easily. The front ones make it harder to do that unless you have a long hose on the gauge. My 2 cents.

Mods, can someone rename the thread to something more easily searched in the future. Edit, that was quick, thank you

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Herm, Kenny, thank you. I’m new to tractoring and hydraulics so I’m trying to learn all ai can. Thank you. When you go to buy Kenny’s gauge it gives you the choice of quick connect sizes. I think 1/4, ⅜, and 1/2. So, if I was going to test off the back, I need 1/2. If going to test off the side loader connectors, I would need ¼. Is this right?

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
That makes them 1/4" ISO 5675 "AG" style w/poppet.

Oh, good talking with you today :good2:
Good talking to you as well. Didn’t cost me anything and and I am even smarter now. Talked to DS, got smarter then but it looks like it cost me $300.00, although it is a present from my MIL so all is good. I was pretty well set on the flaming butterfly over the ace of spades but Mrs. Herminator thought different. I mean yes it is a butterfly but it is flaming. I have to sleep on it. No way was arc angel even a remote possibility. Then I would have to sleep with it. Besides I set up an account and put it in my cart. Now to wait for a coupon code. :usa

https://search.cyberweld.com/mod_search/resultsRedirect.php?pageId=jawehearcant1&pagePosition=3&searchTerm=Jackson+welding+helmet+truesightII&searchType=D&configId=1506549101&filterType=

My apologies for the derailment.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Ordered the pressure gauge, got it with the ¼ coupler. Went and looked, I would rather test from the side of the tractor. Also got two 8 foot oblong slings, a 5/16 grab hook, and a ⅜ slip hook. Your website got me, Ken. Got me good. Those chain shorteners look mighty tempting, if they had the twist locks on them. :wink:

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts
Ordered the pressure gauge, got it with the ¼ coupler. Went and looked, I would rather test from the side of the tractor. Also got two 8 foot oblong slings, a 5/16 grab hook, and a ⅜ slip hook.
Thank you very much for the order :thumbup1gif:

Those chain shorteners look mighty tempting, if they had the twist locks on them. :wink:
Be careful what you ask for :mocking:

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Received my package, Ken. Thank you very much. Pressure gauge is great, easy to use. My tractor is right at 2575. JD rates it at 2500. Love the oblong straps. Going to be perfect for cleaning my mower deck. Thanks again. For the guys that use chains a lot, his grab lock G80 hooks are awesome. So well built, very heavy duty. Much better than the HD and TS stuff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts