Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm new here and have a question that hopefully someone will be able to answer. I was at my Aunt's house the other day and we were walking around the property when I noticed an old blade sitting on a pallet and pointed it out to her. She said she had no use for it and I knew it would fit my 2038R so I bought it from her. I got it home and after a good power washing I could tell it was yellow but nothing else could help me identify it. Even what's left of the labels can't tell me anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Possibly an old "Servis" brand! Later taken over by Rhino.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Woods?

I might have guessed an old Woods but can't be sure. Blades are pretty much all the same except the bracing and main beams tend to be a little bit brand specific. The other issue is a manufacturing company will build for other brands so it's the same blade with a different name on it. The good news is that unless you tear up something, the only replacement part is probably the cutting edge and those tend to be somewhat universal although the holes are sometime an issue.

Put it to work and thank your Aunt.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information provided. I'm curious considering the "roundness" of the frame as well. I've also attached a closeup of the labels and if you'll notice the right-hand label has an oval image within it...in case that signifies anything?!

It needs some minor work, the part of the frame containing the lift pins is bent on both sides making it a bit of a challenge to get it mounted to the 3-point of the tractor. I'll need to remove the pins and try to straighten the frame. The blade is also bent but not so bad that it really needs to be worked on. It also swivels very hard so some lubrication will be necessary as well. Paint will be another thing to tackle, possibly!

I thanked my Aunt with gracious words and cold hard cash!

Thanks again!

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
The Satch beat me to it. It sure looks like an old Servis blade, made in Dallas Texas. A different model was called Little Rhino.

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts