Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT: Ok I think I found it in this post.

I tested my single point and all the connections today and had one that had a tiny leak just enough to identify which fitting it was. I must have over tightened it .(1 out of like 12 wasn't bad) .

Then I went back to the garage to snug it and it bulged out so I knew I had over tightened it when I put it on., So I need a new one but I would like to get a bag of them...I can check at my JD dealer tomorrow, they are not always the best for random parts...I don't mean price I mean identifying them. So preferably I can get a bag of these on line somewhere.

Anyhelp with the size and what its called Buna n or viton or whatever....Would be appreciated. Here is a pic, it is located between the 2 nuts. These are the standard slip fittings that are on a one series . Are they 3/8"?

Sleeve Automotive tire Gas Plumbing Safety glove

·
Premium Member
9,208 Posts
IF the thread is SAE 6, which is 3/8" ORB. They use a Dash number 906 O-ring.
Buna-N is fine, Viton will also work (at much greater cost)
The JD P/N 51M7040 is for Metric ORB M12x1.5mm which MIGHT be same as SAE-6 ? :unsure: I think it is.

Reactions: chex313

·
Premium Member
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I got it on and it sealed nicely, I think the old one might have been nicked.

They are supposed to be extremely tight correct? Took me a few minutes to figure out how to get it on, tried my hands but eventually held it on one side and stretched it to the other side with a 90 degree pick. Almost thought it was the wrong size , except it matched up to the old one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts