Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a M.2 solid state drive from Amazon.
It was delivered today. I went to install it & cannot figure out how to do it
It is different from the last one I ordered.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
It appears to me it looks like the new DIY model. You add water, heat it up pour it in the mold they sent to you. The rest you just have to wing it and figure it out yourself. It's most likely wiress to since they didn't send wires with it.

On another note, it appears that someone didn't do their QC when it arrived from a return.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts

I have SSD's in both my laptops. That does not look like anything I have ever had. What is the model #??? and I will look it up.

Dave

·
Registered
648 Posts
My guesses are: Something is broken in that package. You received the wrong item. The drive is missing. I have no idea what I'm looking at. :dunno:

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Well, I just looked on Amazon's site. It appears that the m.2 drives are the internal drives that connect via a PCIe slot, rather than the old style regular SATA HD slot. I have no familiarity with them at all and do not want to, although they are probably faster. You may want to contact Amazon and swap it out.

FYI, I recently pickup up a drive clone that works without being hooked up to a pc. I have not used it yet, but that seems much easier than the way I have always had to clone them previously.

Dave

·
Registered
550 Posts
Stolen!

Looks like the drive was stolen during packing or shipping. An M.2 drive should look like a mini-circuit card and installs directly on the motherboard.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like the drive was stolen during packing or shipping. An M.2 drive should look like a mini-circuit card and installs directly on the motherboard.

I am guessing that the drive was stolen out of the box & the rubber pieces were added to replace the weight of the drive. The factory seal was still on the box, but the end of the box had 2 flaps glued together. It looks like the flaps had been tampered with & reglued. It was sure a surprise to open the box & find 4 pieces of rubber instead of a SSD.
Amazon is sending out a replacement. The bad part was that I had already removed the back off of my laptop before opening the SSD box.

This is the one I ordered.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07M7Q21N7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts