Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first season changing over from the 54" Quick Hitch Snow Blower to the 60D AutoConnect midmount mower. I'm clueless as to where to connect the eye bolts. There is no obvious place on the tractor. Any help is appreciated!
LiftInstall0.JPG

·
Administrator
20,695 Posts
Welcome to GTT

You're really close. It attaches to the front of the mid rockshaft directly above your links. The links need to be removed from the lift arms first by removing the pins.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Not finding location

You're really close. It attaches to the front of the mid rockshaft directly above your links. The links need to be removed from the lift arms first by removing the pins.
Jason--

Thanks for your reply. The only thing I can find on both sides of the tractor is a tab. The eye bolt does fit around it on the right side, though it doesn't come low enough to attach the lift arm. On the right, there is not enough space to slip the eye bolt onto the tab. I've tried to attach a photo showing that. It's almost like something is missing! ThisTab.JPG

Also, not sure if it makes a difference, but this is for a hydraulic lift midmount.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Jane:

Try putting the height adjustment in the install position and then lowering the mower deck.
Make sure the loops on the "P" shaped links are facing toward the rear of the tractor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jane:

Try putting the height adjustment in the install position and then lowering the mower deck.
Make sure the loops on the "P" shaped links are facing toward the rear of the tractor.
The mower isn't attached yet. I needed to mount the lift bracket/drive shaft prior to mounting the mower. Everything was off because of the front mount snow blower. I do have the height adjustment in the install position, and the hydraulic hose connected, though the lift doesn't raise. Of course we are between rain storms and I'm anxious to mow! Thanks for your suggestion.

·
Administrator
20,695 Posts
The mower isn't attached yet. I needed to mount the lift bracket/drive shaft prior to mounting the mower. Everything was off because of the front mount snow blower. I do have the height adjustment in the install position, and the hydraulic hose connected, though the lift doesn't raise. Of course we are between rain storms and I'm anxious to mow! Thanks for your suggestion.
As 130Oxbow mentioned, you have to lower the mid rockshaft. When new they are stiff. You may need to assist it go down as you move the joystick. With the engine off and the independent mower lift hose connected, move the joystick to the lower position. It depends on what color outlet you have the mower lift hose connected to as to which way you move the joystick. Just turn the mower height knob to "install" and move the joystick until you see movement. Once lowered, you'll be all set. :thumbup1gif:

You out should check out the 1 series mower setup and adjustment thread. It has a lot of pictures and would be of great help.

·
Administrator
20,695 Posts
Here's a pic of how it attaches.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400441501.767637.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I've identified the issue--with your help--the mid rockshaft doesn't lower. I've checked the hose connection, and confirmed its location. Still won't lower. I'll work on the stiffness next!
The stiffness was the issue. I was able to pry the rockshaft down, connect they eye bolts, and mount the mower.

Many thanks to all who offered advice and answers!:greentractorride:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts