Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

First I would like to thank you all in all the help I have found here prior to this post.

So yesterday I picked up my 1974 JD 140 H3. While cleaning her up and trying to get things running I realized that where I have seen the hydraulics on other H3s in the back fender this one just has 2 holes covered up. I can see the 2 sets of hydraulics in the front. And from what I know this GT didn't come with a mowing deck when the original owner bought it.

Can someone please help me out understand what I'm missing either intellectually or physically.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
6,290 Posts
The rear hydraulic couplers were an option on the H3. The machines were setup from the factory to allow rear hydraulics to be installed (unlike the H1s) but you could order one without the actual ports and install them later if you wanted to.

It sounds like that what you have and the rear ports have never been installed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Both of you are heros! Wow

Any ideas where I can get what I need to install those? Doesn't need to be OEM I'm just trying to build a machine here that can support as much as possible .

Thanks

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
16,625 Posts
Nick,
If your tractor has the couplers on the front, remove one and bring it to your local hydraulics supply house to match up.

There are also many sold on eBay. Some will be sold with the adapter fittings and retaining snap-rings.
The quick couplers are utilized throughout all John Deere Garden Tractor models.

·
Registered
55JD50 57JD420C 57JD420U 55JD40W 66JD110 73JD140H3 2006JDGX335 44JDBO 45JDBR 85JD750
401 Posts
So the rear remote looks like it just tees off of the mower deck lifting cylinder pressure line. Pretty simple project with flexible hydraulic hose. Match up the couplers and install a tee on the number one valve and install a tee on the return line, you should be ready to go. You may need to retard the mower deck lifting cylinder so you don't have a delay on your rear remote. I appreciated your question because I'll plan on doing the same thing on my 140H3. Don't know when I'd use a rear remote, but it sure will look cool.

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
They make an easy to bend steel line for brakes, I forget the name, that might be a good option for running the lines.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Check out Auxillary Hydraulics, they make kits for certain models, I got one for my 420 and one for my 316K.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts