Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just put together my titian rake and like other have said the directions suck.:banghead:

I did ask titian directly about some questions I had when I was putting it together about the wheels and they told me to do the opposite of what was required. (so I had to disassemble it and redo it wasting 2 hours):banghead:

So my question is anyone have this rake that can tell me what I need to do to be able to use my JD QH or is that not possible?

Besides the crappy directions this looks like a decent piece of equipment.:gizmo:

Any advice would be welcome. (I have their forks and they are awesome)

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Should be a matter of putting on the cat 1 bushings on the rake. Is the top hook not accessible by the QH? That's usually the show stopper for any implement that is not QH compatible.

A picture would help us figure out your issue. I have a Tartar rake and really like it. No wheel kit though.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will take one tomorrow

Should be a matter of putting on the cat 1 bushings on the rake. Is the top hook not accessible by the QH? That's usually the show stopper for any implement that is not QH compatible.

A picture would help us figure out your issue. I have a Tartar rake and really like it. No wheel kit though.
Yes the top link seems to be the show stopper..

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Yes the top link seems to be the show stopper..
Well I went to the Titan Website and looked at it. Seems all models are the same just the width is different. The picture on the website shows one that doesn't look like its' QH compatible but the picture in the owners manual appears to be QH compatible.

Does yours have a bolt that connects the A frame together or is there a plate welded there?

·
Premium Member
10,957 Posts
X5. Please post some photos of the 3PH area of your rake with details of the point where the top-link attaches.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not really good at pic so hope these work.

Here are some pics of the whole unit and of the front.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,957 Posts
Here are some pics of the whole unit and of the front.
Wow... that's a tough one. It's the classic blocked top-link though. I've seen guys with similar configurations fabricate a box above the top-link area and then run the diagonal support to the back of the box. You need to be able to get rid of that support member under the top-link hole.

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will stop at my metal shop

Wow... that's a tough one. It's the classic blocked top-link though. I've seen guys with similar configurations fabricate a box above the top-link area and then run the diagonal support to the back of the box. You need to be able to get rid of that support member under the top-link hole.

Thanks for the idea and taking the time to help! I like the idea now I have to see if I can get one made.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Thanks for the idea and taking the time to help! I like the idea now I have to see if I can get one made.
Here's a thought. May be easier?
That single bar going up at a 45, get another. Instead of putting between the tabs, with another flat bar, put one outside the tabs on both sides and bolt them in place.
Run the flat bars on the inside (like the single) to the bottom hole for the top link, but add a bushing between them and then bolt them together.
That will leave the very top holes vacant. This might work?

Added
You may need to use some washers as shims above or below, or both places.

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks interesting will look at it also

Here's a thought. May be easier?
That single bar going up at a 45, get another. Instead of putting between the tabs, with another flat bar, put one outside the tabs on both sides and bolt them in place.
Run the flat bars on the inside (like the single) to the bottom hole for the top link, but add a bushing between them and then bolt them together.
That will leave the very top holes vacant. This might work?

Added
You may need to use some washers as shims above or below, or both places.

Might be easier to try as I don't weld so thanks!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have one and I took the 2 bushings and put them together on one side and the bar against the frame on the other side. Works fine.

·
Super Moderator
7,911 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
First thing I would try, and I don't know if it would work, would be to put the support in
the top holes and try to use the bottom holes for the quick hitch connection. Had to do that
with a bush hog.

·
Registered
181 Posts
quick hitch adapter

like the 2nd link in previous post

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Busy weekend planned

like the 2nd link in previous post

I have a lot of ideas I can try this weekend. Will take pictures to show what works. Thanks for all the suggestions.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wow, after more than a month I'm finally able to log on again. :lol:

Here are a couple of photos of what I did so that I didn't have to move the hook when I wanted to use the rake. When I get the rake to where I live I'm going to make a second diagonal bar and attach each to the outside of the supports so I don't need the notch. I tried putting the bar to one side with little success. The hook attaches to a top link bushing in the lower holes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts