Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was baling hay last week with my 5085E. Dumped a bale, everything worked good, next bale I tried to dump the hydraulics were real slow and would not latch the door completely. Hooked the baler to a different tractor and the hydraulics worked perfectly. Hooked my tractor to a v rake and the hydraulics would not work on that implement either. So I'm almost sure the problem is in the tractor. The front end loader and 3 pt hitch worked without a load on either. The tractor is still covered by warranty, so I took it to the JD dealer. Now they're telling me it's going to take 2 to 3 weeks before they can fix it. I really need the tractor to finish hay (this is my main tractor, everything else is too small) my question is, does anyone have any idea what the problem could be so I can just fix it myself? If it's an expensive fix I"ll let the dealer fix under warranty, but if I've overlooked something inexpensive and easily fixed, I'd try it. I wish I had tried putting more weight on the loader to see what happened. I appreciate any input.

·
Registered
990 Posts
If I had to guess without any testing, my guess would be a failed relief valve. Also possible the pump failed, but they don't usually fail suddenly like that. Only way to know for sure is by pressure and flow testing. New relief valve is about $350.00. Expensive if it doesn't fix it.

·
Premium Member
6,290 Posts
I would ask them if they have a loaner that you could use to at least to get your work done. It might not be new but it is better than having rained on hay.

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
long shot

There's a chance the tractor side coupling went wacky. If you have more than one set of rear remotes, I'd try the other set just to rule that out. It would be somewhat unusual to have a coupling go bad while hooked up but it does happen if an o ring is slightly off, develops a crack etc.

I agree that it's worth asking the dealer for a loaner. If the hay is ready now, it will be straw in three weeks.

Treefarmer

Reactions: Herminator

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's a chance the tractor side coupling went wacky. If you have more than one set of rear remotes, I'd try the other set just to rule that out. It would be somewhat unusual to have a coupling go bad while hooked up but it does happen if an o ring is slightly off, develops a crack etc.
I have dual hydraulics and hooked to both and it does the same thing. I had a quick couple go bad on a loader one time, the loader moved really slow in one direction but worked good the the other three directions. I sure wish that was my problem now.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Do these tractors have a filter bypass that could be stuck open???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How many hrs are on speed/hour meter? How long since hyd filter was changed. Was hyd oil level at "full mark"?
The tractor is a 2014 and I have 600 hours on it. I change the hyd fluid about 200 hours ago. The fluid was at the full level.

To add insult to injury, I tried to trade it for a rental return today and they offered me $30000 for my tractor.

·
Registered
765 Posts
The tractor is a 2014 and I have 600 hours on it. I change the hyd fluid about 200 hours ago. The fluid was at the full level.

To add insult to injury, I tried to trade it for a rental return today and they offered me $30000 for my tractor.
:banghead:
I’d call that more than an insult.

Reactions: JD 5093e
1 - 11 of 11 Posts