Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please see post #5 for updated info.

Really liking my new-to-me 2013 X540. I already own a 44" blade w all the extras but between now and next winter I want to keep an eye out for a 48". Could someone tell me exactly what model, etc, I'm looking for? Features, parts, pics, I should make sure it has? I think(?) my 44" has swap-able parts, like the angling kit, i could scavenge but my neighbor is interested in buying it so I'd like to keep together if possible. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,548 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're Looking for Model SKU23048 John Deere 48-inch Front Blade for X500 Series Multi-Terrain - SKU23048 since You already Have the front rocker shaft to raise and lower the 44-inch, at least You don't need to buy those parts But the Blade In the Link come with them as well and here is the angle kit for the 48-inch John Deere Manual Blade Angling Kit - BM23448 Which is actually a bit different from the angle kit for the 44-inch Blade which is Made By Superior Tech (y)
Ugh, not sure I'm wanting to spend $278 just for the angling kit. I do have the kit for the 44, didn't know it was different. Hopefully I'll find someone selling the entire pkg. Thanks for the info!

·
Premium Member
2,548 Posts
Ugh, not sure I'm wanting to spend $278 just for the angling kit. I do have the kit for the 44, didn't know it was different. Hopefully I'll find someone selling the entire pkg. Thanks for the info!
If You Can find a 48inch Blade used Bet it will have the angle Kit with it (y)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Help please? There is a 48 blade off a "19 X570" for sale just down the road from me. The seller knows nothing else other than the machine it was on and I'm not any more educated on it. Planning to drop by and see it in person tomorrow but maybe someone here can confirm/not it will fit? Or maybe there's a conversion kit available? Again, I have a 2014 X540. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,548 Posts
Help please? There is a 48 blade off a "19 X570" for sale just down the road from me. The seller knows nothing else other than the machine it was on and I'm not any more educated on it. Planning to drop by and see it in person tomorrow but maybe someone here can confirm/not it will fit? Or maybe there's a conversion kit available? Again, I have a 2014 X540. Thanks!
It will fit But You will need to Buy some Parts I can get you the Numbers shortly (y)

Reactions: Iconic1

·
Premium Member
2,548 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since You Have the 44inch Blade You already have the front rocker shaft. Circled In red in the diagram Below is what You need to Buy

View attachment 839870

Here is the Hitch John Deere Hitch - AM134974 Now the Pin circled In red May come with the Hitch if Not You will need John Deere PIN FASTEN M151731 Plus this John Deere Spring Locking Pin - A3581R (y)
Thanks a lot! My JD dealer contact confirms what you're saying. Pictures of the plow don't show the hitch is there but will confirm tomorrow when I see it. If not it's a pass as 4" extra width (of snow plow blade!) isn't worth +$300 to me.

·
Premium Member
2,548 Posts
Thanks a lot! My JD dealer contact confirms what you're saying. Pictures of the plow don't show the hitch is there but will confirm tomorrow when I see it. If not it's a pass as 4" extra width (of snow plow blade!) isn't worth +$300 to me.
If the Blade is for a X570 it will have this with it shown below. which is stuff You don't need for Your X540. Probably sell it and make up some of the cost of what you need to buy (y)
Font Parallel Rectangle Number Document

·
Premium Member
2,548 Posts
Thanks but I would/do need the hitch, correct?
Yes! You need the Proper Hitch to use the Blade On your X540 which I circled above In red (y)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If the Blade is for a X570 it will have this with it shown below. which is stuff You don't need for Your X540. Probably sell it and make up some of the cost of what you need to buy (y)
View attachment 839905
1st, thanks again for all your assistance.

I looked at the plow today and it did have the "compatibility kit" with it. I agreed to buy the entire package and figure I got it at a good enough $ that if it doesn't work for me, I'd have zero issues unloading it - probably for a profit - come fall.

Am I correct that I'll have to scavenge the rockshaft from my 44" kit and use that for attaching the 48"? Bummer if so as it lowers the value of my 44 kit. Would imagine an orphan rockshaft is a tough find.

·
Premium Member
2,548 Posts
1st, thanks again for all your assistance.

I looked at the plow today and it did have the "compatibility kit" with it. I agreed to buy the entire package and figure I got it at a good enough $ that if it doesn't work for me, I'd have zero issues unloading it - probably for a profit - come fall.

Am I correct that I'll have to scavenge the rockshaft from my 44" kit and use that for attaching the 48"? Bummer if so as it lowers the value of my 44 kit. Would imagine an orphan rockshaft is a tough find.
Yes, Leave the rocker shaft Kit In Place and Buy those Parts I told You to get, and You're In Business for using the Blade On Your X540 The Lift arm from rocker shaft is the same for the 48-inch Blade Hitch (y)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, Leave the rocker shaft Kit In Place and Buy those Parts I told You to get, and You're In Business for using the Blade On Your X540 The Lift arm from rocker shaft is the same for the 48-inch Blade Hitch (y)
Got 'er home today and it looks to be complete (less rockshaft) incl the two pins you linked.

Just to clarify, since the seller's machine was a 2019 they wouldn't have a rockshaft lying around as that year has a different lift design? And my 2014 (X540) only can lift via rockshaft?

Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
2,548 Posts
Got 'er home today and it looks to be complete (less rockshaft) incl the two pins you linked.

Just to clarify, since the seller's machine was a 2019 they wouldn't have a rockshaft lying around as that year has a different lift design? And my 2014 (X540) only can lift via rockshaft?

Thanks!!!
Well You could try Buying the Late Model Mowing deck Draft arms For a (X570, X580, X584 or a 2nd Year X590) and see if the Later Blade would work on You X540 . But the quickest solution is just to buy those Parts and You be able to use that blade as soon as those Parts come in (y)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts