Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi. Can someone advise the correct way (or kit) to connect up a single outlet for a tipping trailer? I have the selective control valve fitted. I see there is an auxiliary hydraulic kit - but that looks like a flow and return - two hoses. What I want to do is to be able to raise the trailer with the selective valve lever and lower it with the float position. Does that make sense? Cheers, Eric.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
It sounds like you have it figured out already,,, plug the hose in and enjoy,,, :thumbup1gif:

Depending on the cylinder size,, decent of the bed may be slow,,
my 855 loader is no race horse when coming down in the float position,,,:dunno:

·
RIP Ben
144 Posts
Third Function"remote"

I think you have two ways you could go to accomplish your goal. Your tractor has open center hydraulic system. If your SCV is like mine, you will have an unused spool on the valve for the loader. You can use that to make a third function for the hydraulics on the trailer. I was able to find a kit from Deere that included the lever to operate the valve, and the lines to plumb the "remote" on the back of the tractor.

The other way to go is to rob the hydraulic function from the dump/curl or lift/lower controls of your loader. To do this you will need an electric diverter valve and the lines to plumb the remote to the back of the tractor. The diverter momentarily uses the loader function to work the hydraulic cylinder on your trailer.

·
Administrator
21,603 Posts
I think you have two ways you could go to accomplish your goal. Your tractor has open center hydraulic system. If your SCV is like mine, you will have an unused spool on the valve for the loader. You can use that to make a third function for the hydraulics on the trailer. I was able to find a kit from Deere that included the lever to operate the valve, and the lines to plumb the "remote" on the back of the tractor.

The other way to go is to rob the hydraulic function from the dump/curl or lift/lower controls of your loader. To do this you will need an electric diverter valve and the lines to plumb the remote to the back of the tractor. The diverter momentarily uses the loader function to work the hydraulic cylinder on your trailer.
The x855 series dos not have the 3rd valve like your 4x00 or the 4x10 series did.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

It is currently set up to use one of the dump/curl or lift/lower controls outputs - number 2 I think. The SCV raises the trailer - but SO DOES the float position. I think this is on a regenerative line. The only way to lower it is the engage the SCV opposite lever direction. However this is pumping against a closed valve - but lets the fluid back down the connected trailer line and lowers the trailer. Obviously I switch the tractor engine OFF before doing this.

I just thought there must be a way of using the SCV for a trailer as I will never be using a loader. If that's not possible I'll do a bit of digging and see if I can find a kit like yours.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
It sounds like you have it figured out already,,, plug the hose in and enjoy,,, :thumbup1gif:

Depending on the cylinder size,, decent of the bed may be slow,,
my 855 loader is no race horse when coming down in the float position,,,:dunno:
So your loader uses the outputs under the left footplate and your SCV raises the arm and the float position lowers it. If that is correct then surly I just need to pipe an extension from that output to the back. Just need to work out which number output that is :good2:

By the way - is there not a valve under the seat that adjusts the return flow / drop rate - or is that just for the rear linkage?

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
So your loader uses the outputs under the left footplate and your SCV raises the arm and the float position lowers it. If that is correct then surly I just need to pipe an extension from that output to the back. Just need to work out which number output that is :good2:

By the way - is there not a valve under the seat that adjusts the return flow / drop rate - or is that just for the rear linkage?
The valve can power up, power down, and float down,,
If you are only using one line,, simply plug in,, why would you pipe an extension to the rear?
Hydraulic pipe extension's are expensive, complicated, and under H I G H pressure,,,

Yea, the control under the seat is only for the 3 point hitch,,,
we have adjusted it several times, it does not effect the loader,,

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The valve can power up, power down, and float down,,
If you are only using one line,, simply plug in,, why would you pipe an extension to the rear?
Hydraulic pipe extension's are expensive, complicated, and under H I G H pressure,,,

Yea, the control under the seat is only for the 3 point hitch,,,
Brill cheers. As long as the power up and float down are on the same line that's perfect. I'd make an extension to take that line to the rear - just easer when attaching the tipping trailer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
=Yea, the control under the seat is only for the 3 point hitch,,,
Aren't the couplings available with different flow rates? - if it was a low flow rate coupling on the rise / fall and you were able to replace it with a high flow one you might get a faster return on the float position...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts