Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Firstly, I just want to say thanks so much to everyone on this forum, the info on here is amazing!

One of the spindles on my 72" deck broke today and I'm not sure what part number to buy to get it sorted. Attached is a pic of the spindle in question (it's not one of the main blade ones, but belongs to what I would call a guide pulley.

The serial number of the deck is M00296X575392

I'm guessing the part needed is AM107702, but I really want to be sure before I order it. I'm assuming this part as there is no hub required.

Thanks very much.

Tim

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
Have to ask.... Are you VERY sure that is one of the blade drive spindles ??

From the picture, and my experience with my old JD855 it appears to be a belt idler/tension pulley.
I had the idler/tension one go out on my deck and fling across the yard.
Not a fun experience at the moment, but an interesting story afterwards.

Easy part to replace. The part price was not so pleasant.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, you're correct. I was looking in the wrong part of the catalog. In fact I was looking at the old catalog system which seems broken now anyway.

If anyone is interested, the correct page for this part can be found here: https://partsadvisormobile.deere.com/app/catalogs/2114/EN/all/sections/30/illustrations/ST631012,&MP16573________UN25NOV96,02S

In my case, it's the diagram n the far right and I'm just getting the replacement bits as the pulley itself seems ok.

Thanks for taking the time to reply :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
G-day
Glad you got onto the right page there. Forgot to mention, if you ever do need a blade spindle they are somewhat rebuild capable I suspect. All depending on personal ability.

They also seem readily available, or were at one time, on e-bay type sites if a replacement is needed.
Good luck. -eh-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts