Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a GT275 with a blown (broken connecting rod) 17hp Kawasaki (single) engine. I discovered you can't get those engines any more & price for parts alone will be over $2000 to rebuild. Has anyone repowered a GT275 with another engine?

I should mention I am the original owner (bought in 1998) and I have been very happy with this tractor (until now!)

I cut about 5 acres of grass with the 48" deck & blow lots of snow with the 42" snow thrower.

Any experience or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
2DeereSleds

·
Super Moderator
2,756 Posts
Have you look at Small Engine Warehouse? They have a Briggs Engine conversion kit for the GT275: 441777-JD275-R1

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, but they won't ship across the border! I would try to find the same engine as they sell, but I need to find out if it's an Intek, Vangard, etc. and I think there are other mods required, like exhaust, wiring, etc.

I was hoping to find somebody who has also repowered their GT275, since I can't find anyone in Canada who specializes in "Repower kits", so I am trying to find out what my options are.

TwoDeereSleds

·
Super Moderator
2,756 Posts
You can use the info from SEW as they show the crank size you need. I know there are other online sites who sell engines, so you may use SEW's specs to narrow down what you're looking for. Another option is to find what other JDs used that particular engine and buy a parts tractor as a donor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts