Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My current unit is a 2021 configured with R4's and I'd like to install R3 radials.
Where did you source them from? I assume I can use the same rims that the R4 are mounted to?

·
Super Moderator
6,288 Posts
Do you have a Gen 1 or Gen 2 2032R? The rear tires/wheels are the same but the fronts are different.

I assume I can use the same rims?
I wouldn't bet on that.

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
What size tires are on your machine now?
Deere sells the Galaxy garden pro turf radials in a kit, it has wheels and tires. Cost around $1200-1300 for the 2025R. Your tires and wheels are little larger then my 2025Rs, so I would imagine the cost would be a couple hundred more.
Which considering that included wheels and they were already mounted ready to install. That price point was actually pretty good.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I agree the Deere kit with tires already mounted on the right wheels is probably the way to go if you want it now, but it's not gonna be cheap. Both rear and front wheels are completely different. At least you could then resell your R4 setup, or keep it as an alternate.

Galaxy has some other sizes listed on their website that would match up to the stock R4 sizes or to the larger 3E R4 sizes that a few folks have installed on 2Rs. I'm really curious about these, but whenever I looked online they don't seem to be available (yet?). Specifically either the 14-17.5 and 23" front, or 15-19.5 and 25" front seen on Galaxy Garden Pro XTD Flyer.pdf . Again those ones are not the normal Deere R3+ sizes.

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
I agree the Deere kit with tires already mounted on the right wheels is probably the way to go if you want it now, but it's not gonna be cheap. Both rear and front wheels are completely different. At least you could then resell your R4 setup, or keep it as an alternate.

Galaxy has some other sizes listed on their website that would match up to the stock R4 sizes or to the larger 3E R4 sizes that a few folks have installed on 2Rs. I'm really curious about these, but whenever I looked online they don't seem to be available (yet?). Specifically either the 14-17.5 and 23" front, or 15-19.5 and 25" front seen on Galaxy Garden Pro XTD Flyer.pdf . Again those ones are not the normal Deere R3+ sizes.
I am waiting on the rest of that new XTD version to come out as well. I am planning on upgrading the turf bias to xtd turf radials on my 3046R soon as they become available.

I have spoken to multiple galaxy tire dealers, none have been able to find any details for me on planned release dates for the rear tire size I am needing. I also called and emailed Yokohama ag tire and no calls back and no replies to emails.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Where are you located.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Little too far. I have an extra set.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
I would have liked to have traded them for your R4's if you were closer. Don't think the shipping would be worth it....you could probably get them cheaper at your dealer.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would have liked to have traded them for your R4's if you were closer. Don't think the shipping would be worth it....you could probably get them cheaper at your dealer.
Unfortunately the dealer "doesn't deal tires." I'm having a difficult time finding a vendor to source the R3 radials.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Good luck with your search! Maybe someone else can be of help

Edit- BTW you do know you'll need to get different rims with the R3's

·
Registered
41 Posts
Central IL - Streator, IL
I'm guessing you are dealing with the Prairie State Tractor guys since they have a Streator dealership? Another alternative would be to call Jerry Welch at Martin Tractor over in Roanoke. I have worked with him on a couple of implement deals and he's very helpful. The AHW location over in Dwight might be another option (sorry, I don't have a contact for you there). Good luck!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm guessing you are dealing with the Prairie State Tractor guys since they have a Streator dealership? Another alternative would be to call Jerry Welch at Martin Tractor over in Roanoke. I have worked with him on a couple of implement deals and he's very helpful. The AHW location over in Dwight might be another option (sorry, I don't have a contact for you there). Good luck!
Thanks! I'm actually working through the Dwight location for the tractor purchase. However, I hit a roadblock today. I was hoping I could swap the R4 to the R3 radials on the existing rims. But the current rims on it with the R4s won't mate to the new R3. Unless this I'm wrong?

·
Premium Member
Tator
16,457 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts