Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, hoping one of you can help me out. I need a 6 inch PTO extender and can't locate a source anywhere in Canada. I did check with Ken Sweet but he doesn't have one. I'm hoping one of you kind souls can help me out by shipping one to me here in Canada. Tractor Supply, Agri Supply, and I believe Northern Tool all carry them, but none ship to Canada. The one I need is 1 3/8 x 1 3/8 6 spline female/male, with a QD (Quick Detach) on the female end, that attachs to the tractor. I can either pay Paypal, Visa/Mastercard if you're set up for it, or send a Money Order and then you can ship. Shipping will have to be by USPS as Courier companies ding us Canucks for "Brokerage fees", which can amount to as much as 30% of the cost of the item, even if you arrange the shipping! USPS/Canada Post charges a flat $5 fee for brokerage. I'm going to check the JD Dealer this morning but I'm sure it's going to be crazy through them. PM me or reply here if you think you can help me out, or know of a source in Canada.

Here's what one looks like:

http://www.agrisupply.com/product.asp?pn=11971&sid=&eid=

·
Registered
771 Posts
Hi all, hoping one of you can help me out. I need a 6 inch PTO extender and can't locate a source anywhere in Canada. I did check with Ken Sweet but he doesn't have one. I'm hoping one of you kind souls can help me out by shipping one to me here in Canada. Tractor Supply, Agri Supply, and I believe Northern Tool all carry them, but none ship to Canada. The one I need is 1 3/8 x 1 3/8 6 spline female/male, with a QD (Quick Detach) on the female end, that attachs to the tractor. I can either pay Paypal, Visa/Mastercard if you're set up for it, or send a Money Order and then you can ship. Shipping will have to be by USPS as Courier companies ding us Canucks for "Brokerage fees", which can amount to as much as 30% of the cost of the item, even if you arrange the shipping! USPS/Canada Post charges a flat $5 fee for brokerage. I'm going to check the JD Dealer this morning but I'm sure it's going to be crazy through them. PM me or reply here if you think you can help me out, or know of a source in Canada.

Here's what one looks like:

http://www.agrisupply.com/product.asp?pn=11971&sid=&eid=
Dell will it work if you order the part and have it shipped to me and then I reship it to you?

·
Registered
771 Posts
I'll call around and ask if they have one of these, to be absolutely sure is this what I should ask for?

I need a 6 inch PTO extender, 1 3/8 x 1 3/8 6 spline female/male, with a QD (Quick Detach) on the female end, that attachs to the tractor.

·
Registered
771 Posts
dell I called the local JD dealer but he doesn't have one nore does Northern or the local TSC and a few other local ag stores by me so I called agrisupply and they said the would ship the part to you USPS prority. Talk to a girl named Renay, they have the part in stock, hope this helps.

·
Banned
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.

Don't think the first quote will work. They will see that I pay with a Canadian card with a Canadian address but shipping to an American address.

Sure, see what you can find out, but don't spend a lot of time or effort on it, and the description is dead on. Found an ebay/internet tractor supplier that will ship into Canada. Cost is $34 for the item, and $32 to ship. Kinda high on the shipping but I know USPS has increased prices somewhat, so that may not be out of line, and it's probably kinda heavy anyway. Let me know what you find out though, and much appreciated. :thumbup1gif:

Dell will it work if you order the part and have it shipped to me and then I reship it to you?
I'll call around and ask if they have one of these, to be absolutely sure is this what I should ask for?

I need a 6 inch PTO extender, 1 3/8 x 1 3/8 6 spline female/male, with a QD (Quick Detach) on the female end, that attachs to the tractor.

·
Banned
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, sure does, thanks! Will give them a call, you did mention it is going to Canada, though, right? The web site says shipping to U.S. only....

dell I called the local JD dealer but he doesn't have one nore does Northern or the local TSC and a few other local ag stores by me so I called agrisupply and they said the would ship the part to you USPS prority. Talk to a girl named Renay, they have the part in stock, hope this helps.

·
Registered
771 Posts
dell I told the girl you lived in Canada and she went and checked and said they could do USPS priority to canada. Renay is the girls name that will take care of you.... the girl I was talking to was going home.

·
Banned
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You da man, and thank you very much. Just spoke to Renay and she took care of it. Part is on it's way via USPS, came to a total of $46 including shipping. Far cry from the $66 via ebay, and the $80-$100 it would cost in Canada. :good2:

dell I told the girl you lived in Canada and she went and checked and said they could do USPS priority to canada. Renay is the girls name that will take care of you.... the girl I was talking to was going home.

·
Administrator
21,074 Posts
:thumbup1gif: Dell!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Not only the niceness of members here do I appreciate but how guys here can enjoy themselves and learn without needing to be foul mouthed. ... there are so-many smaller kids that love tractors, here they can sit down at the computer and enjoy reading tractor talk and looking at the pictures.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Northern Tool ships to Canada. I,ve ordered a few times from them and never paid brokerage fees either. Princess Auto is a Canadian company that carries a few tractor related items. Otherwise I often ship to a service in North Dakota that charges only $5/parcel. then I just drive down and pick it up and bring the items across the border. This works great for the companies that offer free shipping to US destinations.

·
Banned
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yup, NT does ship to Canada but they didn't have the adapter, I checked. I'm a frequent flyer at P.A., to the point that most of the girls know me by name and have my phone number memorized. I spent $4200 there last year. PA didn't have the extender either. The service is a great idea, but won't work for me. I'm in Nova Scotia and nearest border point is 600K away, so it would not be a cheap trip. Great tips though, just wouldn't work for me, at least in this case.

Northern Tool ships to Canada. I,ve ordered a few times from them and never paid brokerage fees either. Princess Auto is a Canadian company that carries a few tractor related items. Otherwise I often ship to a service in North Dakota that charges only $5/parcel. then I just drive down and pick it up and bring the items across the border. This works great for the companies that offer free shipping to US destinations.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.