Green Tractor Talk banner

Help with 4066R and two bottom rollover plough

Tags
4066r plough
5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  devineRyan 
#1 ·
I'm scouring all over North America for a new (preferably) or very good used two bottom rollover plough. Since I am having trouble finding one does anyone know if a three bottom rollover by a manufacturer such as Kverneland would be too heavy for the 4066R?

#2 ·
In a word, will it work? Maybe. Your tractor has enough "grunt" to pull them.....but too many unknown variables. Are you running ag tires? Is this previously broken ground? Is it clay or loam based? Lots of roots? A lot of the newer plows have a parked position, in which you can raise and lock it out while still attached to the frame, thus turning it into a 2 bottom plow, if the going gets rough.

The 4066R is heavy enough and has enough horsepower, however you don't have any draft control on your 3 pt hitch, so you'll have to really watch the depth of the plow as you move forward.

Good luck.

#3 ·
You must be figuring on doing a LOT of plowing to feel you need a roll over plow. I have a 2 bottom regular plow for my 4066R. I considered a 3 bottom plow, but did not feel like I have the traction for it, so I stayed with a 2 bottom plow. If you have ag tires, then I think you might be ok with a 3 bottom plow. I only have R4 tires. I believe the 4066R has enough power, but again, traction is an issue. I think even with a 2 bottom regular plow, you will be using 4WD. I have to use 4WD even with my 8ft tandem 3pt disk.

As for weight, I have a 110 inch RFM that weighs 1500lbs and that is no problem. A 3 bottom plow extends pretty far rearwards, which magnifies the weight factor. A roll over plow is going to weigh a lot more than a regular plow. I did some research and did find some pics of older roll over plows, but I did not find any new ones. The Kverneland that you mentioned seems to be bigger plows than what you are looking for. Plus they are not in this country.

I thought Motion Match might solve the draft control problem, but after reviewing the manual, it does not appear to work that way.

Dave

Green Vehicle Plant Agricultural machinery

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.