Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some advice. My recently purchased 1025R did not come with an owners manual for the mower deck (dealer transfer?). They are ordering me a new one, but meanwhile I need some help. Even at it's highest setting, the mower is cutting the grass way too low. My question .... is there a way to adjust it to increase the height of the cut? Or, can I simply lower the anti-scalp wheels to their lowest position (seems like a bad idea?) Or, will the mower engage when the deck is elevated? (scared to turn on the PTO with the deck in the raised position without knowing the implications!) HELP!

Thanks!!!
Frank

·
Registered
129 Posts
Raise the deck up with the hand lever on your right, adjust the dial setting to install, then dial it back to the high setting and see it helps. Is it a quick connect? Are your rear latches attached properly?

Lowering the wheels is a bad idea. You'll just tear the lawn up.

·
Registered
747 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, I raised the mower deck, dialed it to "Install", then back to the highest setting and lowered the mower deck. I stuck a John Deere gauge under the deck and at the highest setting it is mowing at 2.25 inches. If I dial it to the lowest setting, the mower deck hits the ground. So, for certain out of adjustment!

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
My first choice would be to have the dealer straighten out the issue...I would describe the problem to them,they should be all over it if their dealership cares at all. Else it sounds like the adjuster isn't' doing its job. Look for something disconnected with that.

Do not expect much variation in the height adj, the low settings are useless(Too Low) The medium settings are useless (Also too low) The higher ones are the only settings used. The adj has way too many settings.

This thread covers that...

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/19981-why-does-1series-mower-height-knob-have-so-many-positions.html

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, here is the resolution. The dealer came by to pick up my 1025R. Only then did I notice that when it was dialed to the highest setting the little "stepped" mechanism was not at its fullest height. I moved the dial to "Lock" and it added another inch to the height. So now, it's max cutting height in the locked position is right at 4 inches. The dealer confirmed I can mow with the deck in the elevated position that takes it to about 5 inches. More of what I'm looking for to mow the property. So, I consider the problem resolved. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would go through the time to adjust and make sure your deck is setup correct. That was the first thing I did when I got mine home. Don't ever trust the dealer setup. You'll be able to find plenty of horror stories. They just throw them together and send them out the door.

With my adjustment knob set with 2 positions remaining, before the lock setting, I am mowing at roughly 3-3/4" and with the gauge wheels set in the lowest possible position.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts